Aarakshan is the most complicated role of my life

Actor Saif Ali Khan (above) says playing a Dalit teacher in Prakash Jha's upcoming film Aarakshan has been his most difficult role so far. Saif, 40, who has an image of the sophisticated urban hero, is seen speaking in chaste Hindi in the movie, which also stars Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Prateik and Manoj Bajpai.
It was not an easy task for the actor to speak the language fluently, specially in front of Bachchan, who is famous for his command over the language. “I am really happy to work in this movie and I thank Prakashji for giving me the most difficult and complicated role of my career. I have worked hard to understand and play this character,“ says Saif, who was in the city to promote the film.
Saif says that even though reservation is the film's backdrop, it talks about human relationships and how issues like these affect individuals. “I think it is a very dramatic movie. When I was offered the role, my mother told me `Go practice your Hindi' and she was right,“ Saif added.
Aarakshan releases on August 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment