Actor Adinath Kothare, son of popular Marathi actor and director Mahesh Kothare


New kid on the block!
Actor Adinath Kothare talks about his foray into Bollywood and shares his future plans
Actor Adinath Kothare


This is not exactly his debut in films but in Bollywood it is. Actor Adinath Kothare, son of popular Marathi actor and director Mahesh Kothare says films were a part of his life the day he was born. As he awaits response to his debut, the new kid on the block spoke with After Hrs about Hindi and Marathi movies and his future projects. 
Ask him the obvious, how easy or difficult was it for him to become an actor, he says, "Being the son of Mahesh Kothare, I've seen film making and acting from close quarters. It's was like having a film institution at home. But that just gives me a good platform to start my career. Taking my career further is completely based on my merit and hard work. There will definitely be big expectations from me, and I have to deal with that pressure. I will always do what inspires me and make sure I give my best," says Adinath.
On the difference in Marathi and Hindi cinema, he says, "I don't believe in discriminating films on language. If there is a good concept which is executed and presented well before the audience, the film is bound to be appreciated, irrespective of the language. The only advantage Hindi has I feel is that films can afford to have big budgets and thus produce a much advanced and a grand presentation compared to Marathi. But having said that, I also want to add that the Marathi film market is fast evolving and growing gradually with many corporates entering the Marathi film arena." 
On starting his B'wood career with four-time national winning director Sanjay Surkar, "It's my privilege that in my first Hindi film I got an opportunity to work with such an experienced and talented director. I was definitely tensed at first but soon I realised that he was extremely down to earth and understanding," adds Adinath.
So what's next? "I'm currently working on an English project with director Arun Frank and a Hindi project with another reputed director. I also have three Marathi projects in the pipeline," concludes Kothare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment