From ramp to reel - Runway regular Freddy Daruwala says he has his eyes fixed on plum movie roles now

From ramp to reel

Runway regular Freddy Daruwala says he has his eyes fixed on plum movie roles now


A regular on the runway, model Freddy Daruwala is prepping himself to take on a new role soon. The hunky model will soon be seen in a movie and Freddy says he couldn't be more excited about his big screen debut. "I actually shot for it when I had just come to Mumbai, when I was a struggling model. But I'm glad that the film is finally seeing the light of the day," he says excitedly.
Tell Freddy that models are still considered as a lot who can't act and he denies it strongly. "The perception is there… but it's totally false! Today many models have gone ahead to become successful actors so I don't know why the notion that models can't act still remains," he adds.
Freddy says that he is looking forward to taking the plunge into Bollywood seriously now and has been actively been looking at scripts too. "I also attend a lot of workshops and do theatre whenever time permits. So I'm fully prepared for my acting stint," he smiles.
The film, Mummy Punjabi, also stars actors like Jackie Shroff, Divya Dutta and Kiron Kherr and Freddy says that he considers himself lucky to have got an opportunity to work with actors of high repute. The model, however, is quick to add that he has only a small role to play in this film. "They were looking for a guy who looked like an Italian and they thought that I fit the bill. But I don't want to mislead people by giving the impression that I'm the lead of the film — I have a tiny part to play," he says.
So, will he be seen strutting the ramp for the upcoming Men's Fashion Week in the capital? "Unfortunately, no," says Freddy explaining that he is pre-occupied with shooting for some commercials at the same time as the men's week. But he's definitely looking forward to walking for his favourite designers there the next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment