Heart-mind connection


Health Threats from High Blood Pressure | American Heart Association


Q I' m I'm a 50-year-old businessman with high blood cholesl and blood pressure. I take terol and blood pressure. I take my pills regularly and try to follow a heart-friendly diet. Yet I tend to lose my cool very easily which makes me anxious and out of breath. Can you please help? Your problem is not a unique one. The stressors of urban living force us to live on the edge, whereby our inner anxieties often express themselves as temper outbursts. In the long run, this hyperactive nature of ours lands us in trouble making us prone to heart disease. Calming the mind: Control your diet by avoiding oily and greasy food, caffeine, alcohol, refined flour and sugar to conserve vital nutrients and reducing heart strain.
Whole grains have a calming effect on the mind.
Fruits and fruit juices work as liver cleansers Magnesium helps overcome neuromuscular tension of the heart. Magnesium-rich foods include dals, nuts, seafood, whole grains, wheat grass juice or any green juice.
Regular use of chamomile tea relaxes the body and calm the mind.
Ayurvedic herbs like brahmi, shanka pushpi, jatamansi and tagar reduce stress and anxiety.
Learn to calm your nerves through meditation, pranayam, yoga and speech control, which raise our level of awareness and strengthen heart muscles.


Q I'm a 25-year-old management trainee. From the time I've started working, I've put on weight near my tummy and thighs. I barely have any time to exercise, and I often give in to temptations. Can you suggest how to stick to a healthy diet?
Here are some tips to keep your cravings under control: Become aware of the damage that such cravings can cause to your health. This may sufficiently motivate you to give them up.
Write down exactly what you desire and keep that paper in your wallet. When you read it, you subconsciously begin the process of searching for answers.
Focus on your new regime.
You may find yourself going back, but don't let that hinder your progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment