Jacqueline FEEL LIKE AN OUTSIDER

Says Jacqueline, who wants to prove herself after initial setbacks I've no complains or regrets but now I've to prove myself. - Jacqueline Fernandez, actor
Three-film-old Jacqueline Fernandez (right), who hails from Sri Lanka, is intimidated by Bollywood. The actor says being an outsider in the country and the industry has its own drawbacks. “At the end of the day you are an outsider and it doesn't help you much when you don't even belong to the country,“ says the 26-year-old actor.
“You can't imagine how it feels for a young woman to come back to an empty apartment, be all lonely and face her demons,“ she says, adding, “The city starts seeming far more alien while the sheer unpredictability of Bollywood as an industry starts intimidating you.“
It has been just three years in the industry for the former model, who made her acting debut with Aladin (2009) followed by Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai (2010). But both films bombed, making it tough for her to make a mark in Bollywood.
“Last year was rough,“ says the actor whose only silver lining was the item number, Dhanno, in Housefull (2010).
“Item numbers are fine but acting is something that I wanted to continue. But things weren't quite looking up at that time. I expected much more from my career,“ says Fernandez, adding, “At the end of the day you do expect bigger and better movies coming your way.“
But the success of Murder 2 this year has brought some respite to her career and now the actor has a bevy of films lined up. She recently bagged Krrish 3 and is looking forward to Housefull 2 and Raaz 3.
“I'm feeling a lot more settled and now I've to prove myself. These are far happier times for me. I've no complaints or regrets,“ she says

No comments:

Post a Comment