Social activist Anna Hazare confesses that he used to be an ardent fan of the silver screen growing up

'I was a huge movie buff'
Social activist Anna Hazare confesses that he used to be an ardent fan of the silver screen growing up


His movement has been termed the freedom struggle of independent India by supporters. Social activist Anna Hazare is the face of country's fight against corruption at present, but rarely has he shown the more relaxed facet of his life — which is indeed very musical.
Revealing the softer side of his persona, Anna says, "Singing is something that has the power to win a war. Though I can't sing, Aye mere watan ke logon… and other patriotic songs make me cry. My favourite singers are Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosale, Manna Dey and Mohd. Rafi".
He shot for Zee's Saregama Lil Champs, Independence Day special show yesterday in Mumbai.
When Salman (a participant) sang Maa Tujhe Salaam…, Anna said, "Hearing this song I wish to go on a fast for 20 days rather than just 16 days as earlier, as songs like these give me strength to carry on the fight."
In fact after one of the kids' performance, Anna went on the stage and broke into an impromptu jig leaving everyone pleasantly surprised.
Talking about his childhood he said, "I love farming. I have planted three and a half lakh trees. I was very stubborn and listened only to my mother. I was a huge movie buff and used to watch all movies first day first show. I am a huge Dilip Kumar fan. I loved Naya Daur, Mother India. But in the last 35 years I haven't watched a single film so I don't know what is happening now," says Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment