TV actor Tannaz Irani pens a first-person account of being an expecting mother, while husband Bhakhtyar is away


Missing you, Bee…

TV actor Tannaz Irani pens a first-person account of being an expecting mother, while husband Bhakhtyar is away


Pregnancy is a time naturally associated with an expecting couple cuddling and feeling their baby move every time it kicks. It is all about buying cute baby clothes and doing up the nursery with cartoon characters as well as figuring out names for the to-be-born bundle of joy.
In my case Bhakhtyar had to leave town for Dubai when I was five months pregnant and is not scheduled to return till the date of delivery — just a few weeks away! It's a decision many women in such a position are very hesitant to allow as they need their husbands to fuss over them and give them that extra TLC.
Since I couldn't change the circumstances I changed my outlook.
As I saw it, my husband Bee had left his comfort zone to set up a dance institute from scratch within just one month. He's working hard using his talents so that his children can have a better future. I decided I was going to hold up my end by taking care of our family here in Mumbai — our three year-old son Zeus and my 18 year-old daughter Zianne. There were moments of weakness when people around me felt that Bhakhtyar should just give up everything especially at one stage after I had started to bleed during the pregnancy. But I decided that there was no need since we had family and friends rallying round and helping us. Instead I chose to see how lucky I was in the situation.
I am currently on compulsory bed rest till the due date. Instead of getting lonely, I spend my time seeing movies, chatting with my girlfriends (whom you don't get much time with after marriage!), praying and doing things with my son while lying down!
The nursery is all done up by my mom, sister and me, the child's name has been decided over Skype between Bhaktyar and me and as far as the movements of the baby, well, I have my niece and family enjoying that!
It doesn't matter what people say and what old theories about a situation like this are. I feel is for every situation that life throws, you just need to be positive. I do tend to think that a woman is the back bone of the family and can make or break any given situation.
Who knows maybe one day our children will be so proud of the sacrifices we made for their future that they will join us in teaching dance as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment