I DON’T LIKE TO MAKE VULGAR COMEDIES Priyadarshan on his latest comic outing

I DON’T LIKE TO MAKE VULGAR COMEDIES

Priyadarshan on his latest comic outing



The audience will get to watch a comedy by Priyadarshan after a long gap...
I have never believed in making comedies for the heck of it. I don’t like to make vulgar comedies with double meanings that cannot be watched by the entire family. Comical situations are naturally woven into my story. Ultimately, it is the story that hooks the audience. But Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal (KDM) is not entirely a comedy. There is high drama, too.

Go on...

Humour and drama have always worked for me. Bhool Bhulaiyaa was a comedy blended with horror, Hera Pheri was a comedy with action and in KDM, I have combined comedy with suspense. Nana Patekar’s character, Sam, is a mystery. When this stranger comes to town, he sparks off chaos. And when he enters Johney’s life, (Shreyas Talpade), it goes through complete transformation. The story explores the Nana-Shreyas angle.
This is the first time you have worked with Nana. I have always wanted to make a film with Nana. I had even written stories, but they never got executed. He want
ed to do something different. With the kind of persona Nana has, it suits him best to convey humour with a straight face. My film does that. He has only a few lines and speaks through his expressions and body language.
What kind rapport did Nana and you share off the sets? Ahhh... lovely! Most of the time, he was cooking (laughs). All my assistants were afraid because they had
    heard stories about Nana.
But by the time we wrapped up shooting, they had all become his fans and started loving him.

Priyadarshan

No comments:

Post a Comment