I DON’T NEED TO WORK TO PAY MY BILLS ... says Nana Patekar, who has made an exception for Priyadarshan

I DON’T NEED TO WORK TO PAY MY BILLS

... says Nana Patekar, who has made an exception for Priyadarshan


How was it working with Priyadarshan? I have wanted to work with Priyan for more than a decade, but nothing materialised. He approached me for KDM and gave me a narration. When I asked for the script, he said, ‘You have to eat and beat. That’s it’. I keep teasing Priyan that whenever I become a film director, I will cast him as an actor. I hope he is reading this.
And Shreyas Talpade? His theatre background gives his talent an edge. But why only Shreyas? I enjoyed working with all my co-actors like Om Puri, Paresh Rawal, Asrani, Shakti Kapoor and Razzak Khan. Irrespective of the film’s outcome at the box office, what is important are the moments we have spent together. The profit from the movies belong to the producers, but the moments are purely ours.

You are doing very few films. Is that deliberate? It is because my reason to work has changed. A man works either for money or satisfaction. I have earned enough and don’t need to work to pay my bills. As far as satisfaction is concerned, I am yet to get a role that conveys a message to the people at large. So, I have decided to do a film only when I find a reason to be part of it creatively. Otherwise, I choose to be elusive and absent.
    Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal produced by Percept Pictures releases today.

Nana Patekar

No comments:

Post a Comment