‘I represent the younger fans’ ...says singer Demi Lovato as she talks about being the youngest judge on X Factor

‘I represent the younger fans’
...says singer Demi Lovato as she talks about being the youngest judge on X Factor


She is the youngest judge on the reality singing show X Factor, alongside Britney Spears, Simon Cowell and LAReid. She talks to us about her experience on the show. Excerpts:

Is it intimidating to be the youngest judge on the show?
It’s a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. I think I bring a fresh perspective. I feel I kind of represent the younger fans.

Who did you get along with the most, on the sets?
I feel like they are doing just a great job, especially Britney. I feel like the world hasn’t really gotten a chance to see her personality over the past couple of years and now this is the perfect opportunity for people to really see the light inside of her just shine. I just have such a good time working with her.

What do you like the most about your fellow judges?
Britney is very witty and funny and quirky and LA is so much fun to work with, so much funner than Simon. Simon is mean and LA can be a little harsh. But it’s really funny.

Was it easy to be critical of people?
Sometimes its a little bit tricky because the live audience boo at you if you don’t like somebody and you have to send somebody home and I had to learn to not take it too personally. I was like “Oh my God! They are booing at me.” But then, I got used to it. Its just a lot of fun. I think definitely there could be a fine line between some jokes, but for me, ultimately, I’m just having fun and trying to give them criticism

You think reality shows help people?
When a participant steps on the stage, he captivates our full attention. You want to see more of them. Hear them more. I feel when you’re giving criticism, you’re only trying to help somebody with their performance or their voice or whatever. I think it is inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment