upcoming model and actor Rohit Sharma

It’s time for me to focus on films now
...says upcoming model and actor Rohit Sharma, as he makes his debut in Bollywood. catches up with the hottie to find out more...

Often referred to as the boy-next-door, model and now actor, Rohit Sharma seems to have finally arrived as he signs project after project, finally making his mark in Bollywood. The 24-year-old Punjabi, who calls Mumbai home has already become quite popular thanks to the numerous television campaigns he’s already been a part of. From an ad for Hyundai recently to the viral music video, Dhoond Le Tu Mujhe — he’s been seen everywhere!
“I’m happy that so much is coming my way but I’d like to be humble and take it one project at a time. I also don’t want to jinx it by talking about it too early, as I’ve always been told that nothing much can save you from the evil eye (laughs),” Rohit opens our conversation.
“I’ve just signed a movie called, I Don’t Love You and I essay the role of a spoilt playboy in the movie. I wouldn’t say I am close to the character, but it was fun all the same. I have a few other projects in line too, but would prefer not talking about them right now. It’s time for me to focus on films now and so, I am taking this new leap in my career quite seriously,” he adds.
Intrigued by this other ‘secret project’ that we’ve heard is a big project involving a lot of big names through sources, we ask Rohit to at least tell us the kind of role he’ll be playing. “I play the role of a struggler in this film, a struggler who falls in love with a star and gets involved in a messy affair — that’s all I’m saying, right now (laughs),” Rohit answers.
So is that all, we ask? “No, not really... there have been more offers and I am now finally getting smarter and choosing what I decide to sign on. However, there are a few more projects lined up for January and December,” pat comes Rohit’s reply.
What about the South? “The South has always been an option and the video that I just did (Dhoond Le Tu Mujhe by Pia Sukanya) also had a South connection in Anurag Shanker and Arfaaz, the music directors. I know I love watching the dubbed South Indian flicks we see on Hindi channels these days, so I’m open to anything interesting that comes from there, as long as it’s a role I know will do me justice,” Rohit concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment