Sobhita Dhulipala (Miss India Earth 2013) I'm not obsessed with the idea of being famous; I want to be known for memorable roles: Sobhita

Sobhita Dhulipala (Miss India Earth 2013)
Sobhita Dhulipala (Miss India Earth 2013)



Sobhita Dhulipala (Miss India Earth 2013) made an impressive debut in Bollywood with Anurag Kashyap's Raman Raghav 2.0, and praises have been pouring in from all quarters ever since. In a film that boasts of powerhouse performers like Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Vicky Kaushal, she held her own with a striking performance.Critics have given her the thumbs up, and gone ahead to say that she is a perfect combination of great looks and talent. Not just in India, critics from across the globe have also praised her in the film. While critic Guy Lodge called her a `terrific cast standout' in his review in Variety , Huffington Post wrote, `The film accentuates her audacity and charm as an actor coming into her own'. Fourthree Film said, “Sobhita Dhulipala as Kaushal's girlfriend has an impressive debut.“

“This was the first film I auditioned for. I've emotionally invested in the project and getting all this praise meant a lot. To be working with people I have looked up to, in a movie that is so honest and unapologetic and also be appreciated for it, it's all surreal for me,“ an excited Sobhita tells BT, adding that she pinches herself every now and then to let reality sink in.

Talking about standing out in the psychological thriller with such brilliant actors, she says, “I wasn't trying to stand out in the first place. Like all the ingredients that come together in a dish, I believe that every actor brings something to the film. And by working with people like Anurag, Nawazuddin and Vicky , who are so dedicated and passionate, I also learnt to respect the craft.“

Sobhita, who is fluent in her mother tongue Telugu as well as in Hindi and English, adds, “I was aware that the movie was not made to please people. But India has such a diverse audience that there's space for every kind of film. I wasn't apprehensive about doing it because the script was the hero and I enjoyed the story and thought it was honest. I am not obsessed with the idea of being famous; I want to be known for memorable roles.“

Interestingly, her first ever nomination was at the Cannes Film Festival 2016. “When we returned from Cannes, Anurag sent me a link. When I opened it, I was stunned because I was nominated in the Best Performance category , and that too, for the critics' choice, a list that had some of the best actors across the world mentioned in it. It was very humbling,“ she says.

Sobhita has signed a three-film deal with Anurag's banner. “We are yet to discuss our next project. However, I'm on the verge of signing a film, which I'm excited about. It will give me scope to expand my horizon,“ she adds. Well, we are waiting to find out, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment