Farhan Akhtar Biography

Farhan Akhtar 

Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar on high and low points of his life, movies, fashion and more.


Birthday
January 9

Sun sign
Capricorn

Place of birth
Mumbai

School
Maneckji Cooper, Mumbai

High point of your life
Ladakh’s Taglang La Pass 17,856 ft above sea level. We were shooting for Lakshya

Low point of your life

When I went scuba diving below sea level

Currently I am...
The brand ambassador for Dulux

The worst thing about being Farhan Akhtar?
I’m a bit of an extremist.

Things you wish you had done at 21.

I wish I’d got my driving license at 18, not 22. I also wish I had graduated earlier, even though I didn’t finish college.  

The first unhealthy food you ate after wrapping up Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
The last shot of the film took place on a beach. I went to the closest bar-café and had a tall glass of Gideon’s Green Dinosaur (vodka, gin, rum, Midori, melon liqueur, triple sec, and 7-Up)

Would you go live on Mars?
Absolutely! If I could, why not? But I’d like to visit and then decide if I’d like to live there or not.

One unusual lesson life has taught you.
To not take anything for granted. People still do it.

The best compliment you’ve received.
That I’m the “man with the velvet touch”.

And the weirdest response.
When Dil Chahta Hai released, a friend was quite impressed and exclaimed, “Yeh picture tuney banayi hai?” A couple of years later, when the same friend went to watch another movie I made, he exclaimed sarcastically, “Yeh film bhi tuney banayi hai?”

Will you ever go back to wearing all those hair bands?
If I grow my hair long, yes I will.

Which colour best describes what you’re feeling right now?
Blue – as in cool, not those depressing emotions you’d associate with the colour.

What turns a house into a home?
The people who occupy it.

If you could change one thing about Indian men...
Their mindsets. Those outdated concepts men have grown up believing must change.

If you woke up and found you’d turned into a woman...
I’d ponder over how to explain the change to my wife.

A super power you wish you had.
The ability to fly.

Favourite street food.
The classic Mumbai vada pao. I’ve been going to the Banarasi guy at Bandra Bandstand for the longest time.

Would you rather be a rockstar or a runner in real life?
I think now I’d probably be a runner, because the rockstar quota is too crowded!

Shaadi Ke Side Effects kya hote hain?
Aap picture dekhiye, aapko pata chal jayega.
 
The last line of your autobiography would read...
“To be continued…”

If you could make a superband of your own, who would you pick?
I’d choose my buddies from the film industry, provided they actually know how to play music.

Three things we’d definitely find in your wardrobe.
Striped socks, black socks, grey socks

My Movies
Films you’ve watched more than 5 times
Sholay, Die Hard, Taxi Driver

The most overrated film
Every movie gets exactly what it deserves

The first film you watched on the big screen
Bombay to Goa, with my parents

A film you grew up with
The Wizard of Oz

A the most paisa vasool film
The Wizard of Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment