Kalki Koechlin, Actress Biography

Kalki Koechlin, Actress



Kalki Koechlin tells us how her last name is pronounced, talks about her love life and movies.
So, how exactly should we pronounce your last name?

Kösh-lan.



Chanda or Paro, whom would you rather be in real life?

Paro.



Who do you prefer: Anurag, the boyfriend; Anurag, the husband; or Anurag, the director?

All I would say is life with him is great!



A literary character you’d love to play.

I did play one in Dev.D and it was a very memorable experience.



What turns you on?

A sense of humour and a sense of stubbornness.



What turns you off?

Self involvement. I can’t stand it.



Marriage is…

A continuation and expression of love.



What brings a smile to your face?

Chocolate and fashion.



What is style for you?

It’s very personal. I am very stubborn in my personal style. It is my expression of freedom.



Five things you can’t live without?

Diaries, notebooks, mutton, chocolates and a sense of humour.



If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I am very happy the way I am. I am also happy with my choices, be it movies or otherwise.



Your ultimate travel destination?

I love Delhi, especially the food in the city.



Your one stereotypically French trait or habit?

It has got to be my fashion sense. Actually it’s my French connection that made me associate with Grey Goose.



The one typical Bollywood masala film you wish you had been part of?

Band Baaja Baraat.



The best dish that Anurag has ever cooked for you?

I just love everything he cooks.



Do you cook? Tell us about your best dish, and your magic ingredient?

I cook mostly fancy French food like quiches. That secret ingredient needs to remain a secret. My movies
A film you have seen more than FIVE times?
Les Enfants du
Paradis by Marcel Carné
A movie that takes you back to your childhood?
The NeverEnding Story (I knew every line by heart!)
The most overrated film?
Gone With The Wind
One paisa vasool film?
The Matrix, but only the first part. The next two were overrated
The first movie you saw on the big screen?
Anjali (The Tamil version)
Birthday: January 9
Sun sign: Capricorn
Place of birth: Puducherry
School and College: Hebron School, Ooty, University of London
Hometown: Puducherry
High point of your life: Going to university, getting independent
Low point of your life: Being alone
First break: Dev.D (2009)
Currently doing: Just launched Grey Goose’s style du jour. Shooting for Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani and Ek Thi Daayan

No comments:

Post a Comment