Mahie Gill Biography

Mahie Gill

 

Gifted with expressive eyes and trenchant talent, Mahie Gill got her first break with the Punjabi based Bollywood film Hawayein and has done a couple of Punjabi films along with theatre.

BIRTHDAY
December 19
SUN SIGN
Sagittarius
Place of birth
Chandigarh
hometown
Chandigarh
SCHOOL/COLLEGE
Panjab University, Chandigarh
First break
Anurag Kashyap’s film Dev.D
(2009)

HIGH POINT OF YOUR LIFE
When Anurag saw me at a party and instantly decided that I should play the character of Paro in Dev.D
Low POINT OF YOUR LIFE
Yet to come

CURRENTLY I...
Have just finished Satish Kaushik’s film Gangs of Ghost, which is releasing in April. Also I’m considering a few other projects before finalising anything
If not an actress, you would have been...
In the army.



What was the most defining thing about playing Paro?
I was just going with the flow.  I didn’t get self-conscious at all. Which classic would you choose as your debut movie?
Guide (1965). I’d love to do Waheeda ji’s role.
Do you feel that you have been typecast?
Yes I did initially. But now I’m happy as I’m doing films in different genres.
Romance or drama, which do you like best?
How about romantic dramas?
The best thing about Bollywood.
I think it gives everybody a chance. There are no friends or enemies.
The most romantic pair in Bollywood.
Anil Kapoor and Madhuri DixitThe directors you want to work with.
Rajkumar Hirani and Imtiaz Ali.
The biggest risk you’ve taken.
Shifting to Mumbai from Chandigarh, I guess.
A song that describes your current state of mind.
Tum itna jo muskura rahe ho, kya gham hai jisko chhupa rahe ho from Arth (1983).
One item number you wish you’d done.
Aa jaane jaan from Intaquam (1969).
Your fitness secrets.
Yoga and positive thinking.
What makes your day?
Hearing an interesting script and signing a film.
You destress by...
Spending an evening with friends.

My movies
A film you have seen more than five times.

Lamhe (1991)The most overrated film.
None

The most paisa vasool film.
All the Rajinikanth films
A movie that was a part of your childhood.
Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988)



The first movie you saw on the big screen.


I don’t remember it

No comments:

Post a Comment