Manpreet Gony Biography

Manpreet Gony



Birthday: January 4
Place of Birth: SAS Nagar, Punjab
Sun sign: Capricorn
Hometown: SAS Nagar, Punjab
College: Paragon Senior Secondary School, Sector 71, SAS Nagar
High point of your life: The 2008 Indian Premier League season where I was Chennai franchise’s leading wicket-taker
Low point of your life: None
First break: I made my Ranji Trophy debut with Punjab in 2007-08
Currently I am: Working on my fitness
If you weren’t into sports, you would have been: A model
A destination you’d like to be lost in: England
One lie you often get away with: It’s very easy to figure out my lies
A food item that will instantly cheer you up: Butter chicken
What’s the side of you that the public never gets to see?: I love riding bikes. I own a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy and I’m also a member of a Harley club. I go riding with my friends from Punjab and Chandigarh.
An accessory you can’t do without: My Tag Heuer watch
Your favourite fashion trend: Kurta pyjama
The last line of your autobiography would read: I was a great cricketer.
What would you wear to a hot date?: My favourite Superdry T-shirt and jeans
A language you wish you were fluent in: Dutch
A dessert that describes you: Rasmalai
Who is your 3 am friend?: Sandy
You have a minute to pack, what will you take along?: My tracksuits
What will we find on your bedside table?: My iPad and cell phones
One thing you want to change about yourself: My nature — I get annoyed and angered easily.
What do you like most about your profession?: Being able to play a sport that I enjoy very much.
If you could go back in time, what would you do differently?: I’d make everyone play sports
A perfume you swear by: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne
Who is your hero in personal life?: I can’t think of anyone
Who do you have no respect for?: I don’t have any respect for my opponents on the ground. I just focus on my game, no matter how big the opponent.
What do you do in your spare time?: I love being around my family and friends.
What’s your secret to success?: I give all the credit for my success to my wife Manpreet and son Ranveer. They give me great support, especially when my morale is low.
What do you do to relax?: I play with my son to unwind. Sometimes, when I’m very tired, I spend some time on the grounds.
What’s the most unbelievable news ever printed about you?: I was shocked when I came to know that my own people were maligning me to gain cheap publicity.
Your current target: I’m preparing for the Ranji Trophy now and working hard so as to get lots of wickets in the upcoming season and make a comeback to the national team.
If you could jet set to anywhere in the world, where would it be?: Sydney, Australia (to be with my friends)
A film you have watched over five times: It’s a horror flick, The Conjuring
The most overrated film: Best of Luck (Punjabi film)
A movie that was a part of your childhood: Gadar: Ek Prem Katha
The first movie you saw on screen: Twister
A film that always brings a smile to your face: Golmaal: Fun Unlimited (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment