Nimrat Kaur Biography

Nimrat Kaur


Nimrat Kaur

Nimrat Kaur


Birthday: March 13
Sun sign: Pisces
Place of Birth: Pilani, Rajasthan
Hometown: Noida
School/college: Delhi Public School, Noida/Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
High point of your life: Going to the Cannes Film Festival twice with my first two films (Peddlers and The Lunchbox) has indeed been very special
Low point of your life: Losing my father
First break: Featured in the video of the song Tera Mera Pyaar by Kumar Sanu and Shreya Ghoshal
Currently doing: Savouring the appreciation for my just released film, The Lunchbox
Your favourite Punjabi slang: Oh rehnn dey!
How was it working with Irrfan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in your film The Lunchbox?: They are such stalwarts that I felt very fortunate to have them as co-stars. It was much easier getting into my role once I knew I’d be falling in love with
Irrfan.
A tweet of appreciation that you got for The Lunchbox@karanjohar : And finally Nimrat Kaur is the soul of #LUNCHBOX... projecting marital angst...urban depression and longing for love like a legend actor...
What did you have to change about yourself to settle in Bollywood?: Nothing at all. I’m here because of who and how I am.
When did you realise you were good looking?: When people started telling me that I looked a lot like my mother, who I think is very elegant and beautiful.
What’s your fitness regime?: I run on the beach in the mornings. I’ve also immensely enjoyed CrossFit with Dheepesh Bhatt.
Theatre/advertisements/films— which do you prefer?: Tough to choose, they are all fun and rewarding in their own unique ways.
One food craving you wish you could indulge in: Condensed milk
One thing nobody knows about you: That I have eaten five cans of condensed milk in one day! Even my mother doesn’t know that yet.
A Punjabi dish to die for: Saag and makki di roti followed by gajrela made by my mother
What do you love about Punjab?: I lived and studied in Bathinda and Patiala for long. I just love Punjab and its people. I think Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, is the best.
Your strategy in a crisis: Breathe deep and tell myself it could’ve been much worse. It works without fail.
One thing you would like to unlearn: The way I drive
A Punjabi song you can’t stop humming: Main ik shikra yaar banaya by Shiv Kumar Batalvi
A talent you would love to acquire: I want to learn how to boil milk. I somehow manage to over boil and waste it consistently.
A dessert that describes you: A molten lava cake.
The last line of your autobiography would read: I made all the right mistakes.
You de-stress with: Playing with my cats, Kitcat and Karamchand. It’s better than any meditation I know.
If you weren’t an actor, you’d be: Working in a job requiring travelling.
What would you wear to a hot date?: My favourite fragrance, 212 by Carolina Herrera
Which colour dominates your wardrobe?: I’m in a coral phase right now.
A book that acts as a pick-me-up: The Outsider, by JM Coetzee.
A director you’d give anything to work with: I would’ve done anything to work with Satyajit Ray.
If you woke up one day and found you’d turned into a man: I’d vow never to pee in public
A celebrity you look up to: Sean Penn. He’s an incredible human being first and a great actor later

No comments:

Post a Comment