Quizmaster Derek O’Brien Biography

Quizmaster Derek O’Brien



Birthday: March 13

Sun sign: Pisces

Place of birth: Kolkata

Hometown: Kolkata

School/college: St Xavier’s Collegiate School (Kolkata), St Columba’s School (Delhi), Scottish Church College



High point of your life

The birth of my daughter



Low point of your life
Life has been good so far. No major downers



First Break
I was lucky to be at the right place at the right time when I got my break on television



Currently i am...
Hosting the Bournvita Quiz Contest



The first line of your autobiography would read...
"I have a question to ask the great questioner in the sky."



The one thing that makes your show stand out from the rest.

It has always engaged with its audiences and evolved with the times, maintaining the true essence of quizzing.



In how many moves can you solve the Rubik’s Cube?
I’ve never tried.



You have five minutes to pack. What will you take with you?

My iPad, mobile phone and diary.



A question you haven’t found the answer to.

See my first answer. A question you would ask Einstein. Who is your barber?



What are the characteristics of a good quizmaster?

Good speaking skills and stage presence, a fine sense of humour and most importantly, a solid grasp on content.



If you were a mind reader, whose mind would you choose to read first?

David Ogilvy’s.



Your biggest indulgence.

A Sunday afternoon siesta.



The dumbest moment of your life.

Wasting my time answering silly questions.



On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate yourself?

My megalomania meter is not working today.



The three smartest people in the country.

Messrs See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil.



Wikipedia is...

An interesting source but not an authentic source.



One useless gadget you own.

A nose-hair clipper.



Three people on your speed dial?

My daughter, cook and wife (not in this order).



What kind of music do you listen to?

Bangla rock, Bangla adhunik, Hindi film songs, Bruno Mars, Bread, America and Dr Hook.
  My booklist
The first book you read: Every Secret Seven and Famous Five by Enid Blyton
The book you could not finish: The Bible
The book YOU READ growing up that you would recommend to everyone: Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach Your Favourite sci-fi/ fantasy novel: I don’t read that genre
The book that changed your life: Confessions of an Advertising Man by David Ogilvy
What came first, the chicken or the egg?
The egg. Hasn’t it been scientifically proved?

No comments:

Post a Comment