Roshan Prince Biography

Roshan Prince


Birthday
September 12

Sun Sign
Virgo


Place of birth
Patiala

Hometown
Banga, Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar

School/College
Sutlej Public School, Banga/ Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi

High point of your life
Winning the reality show Awaaz Punjab Di in 2005

Low point of your life
The death of my cousin Jugnu

First break
TV reality show Awaaz Punjab Di

Currently I am...
Shooting for a Punjabi film

If not a singer-actor, you would have been...
A music teacher.

Your favourite Punjabi food
Saron da saag te kanak di roti.

Your favourite Punjabi slang
Ki haal ne?

If you could jet set to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Auckland, New Zealand
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/Popup/2014/1/aucklandbrunch_compressed.jpg

What are the three things you would do if you could?
Cut an album of Punjabi ghazals, help arrange the marriage of underprivileged girls and establish my company that helps promote young talent.

A song that describes your life
Bhull Jawan, a song from my album Awaaz Punjabi Di — Roshan Prince.

Which colours dominate your wardrobe?
Red and white.

You de-stress with
Music without melody, since that helps me laugh.

One thing you want to change about yourself
My hair.

You have five minutes to pack, what all will you take?
My mobile phone and wallet. Everything else can be bought.

Who is your 3 am friend?
Nobody. I sleep soundly.

What will we find on your bedside table?
An alarm clock and any good book of poetry.

The craziest rumour you have heard about yourself
That I married a model who was seen in one of my songs, Bhull Jawan.

Yoga or the gym, which do you prefer?
Sleeping.

What makes you laugh?
Everything that Binnu Dhillon does.

The toughest thing about being in the Punjabi film industry
It’s uncertain what works — people can love anything, which may or may not be good.

What makes your day?
A message from my mother wishing me good morning when I’m out of town.

Directors you would love to work with
Anurag Singh and Pankaj Batra.

If we raid your fridge, what will we find?
Milk.

Your favourite gadget
My iPhone


A period in history you would love to revisit
The period I’m living in.

Your idea of a perfect weekend
Being in the studio, creating good songs and spending time with my family.

One thing you will never eat.
Anything non-vegetarian.

A rumour you’d like to start
That I have six-pack abs.

A film you have watched over five times
Naughty Jatts


The most overrated film
Fer Mamla Gadbad Gadbad

A movie that was a part of your childhood
Baazigar and Hum Aapke Hain Koun!

The first movie you saw on screen
Mazdoor

The biggest risk you’ve taken
I take a risk every time I do something different in music and in my roles on screen.

A lesson you learnt early in the industry
To never trust anyone and focus on my work to the best of my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment