Vidyut Jammwal, Actor Biography



Vidyut Jammwal, Actor



If you weren’t an actor, you would have been...
I am a martial artist first and then an actor.

Which classic film would you have loved to work in?
Jackie Chan’s Police Story.

The best thing about your debut film Force was...
The fact that I swept all the debut awards that year despite playing a villain.

The fittest actors in Bollywood.
Hrithik Roshan and Suniel Shetty.

Your fitness funda.
Listen to your body and understand what it needs. Eat for your stomach and not your eyes.

Did you go through any special training for your stunts in Commando?
I’ve been training in kalaripayattu since I was three years old. We worked hard to create stunts that would be visual spectacles. I trained for months.

Your greatest extravagance.


Watches! I’m an obsessive collector.

One director you want to work with.
From Dibakar Banerjee, Imtiaz Ali and Anurag Kashyap to Vipul Shah and Tigmanshu Dhulia, I want to work with all of them.

One thing nobody knows about you.
I was once referred to as ‘Apple Bottoms’. How embarrassing!

Your favourite street food?
Bhel and pani puri.

The best thing about Bollywood is...
The consistently evolving narrative and style of storytelling, along with how the industry welcomes talented people, even from a non-film background.

Your strategy in a crisis is...
To go through the crisis. That’s the best strategy.

What’s in your fridge right now?
Gulab jamuns. I’ve been craving them for some time.
CommandoThe song that lifts your spirits.

Lutt Jawan from Commando.

Your dream destination.
Rishikesh.

One thing you will never eat.
Anything non-vegetarian.

You destress with.
Training.

The last line of your autobiography would read…
I am with the universe that created me.

My movies

A film you have watched more than five times
Force - 34 times!

The most overrated film
Hangover 2

A movie that was a part of your childhood
Enter The Dragon

The first movie you saw on the big screen
Robocop in 1987

The most paisa vasool film
Singh is Kinng

Birthday: December 10
Sun sign: Sagittarius
Hometown: Jammu
Place of birth: Kanpur
School: I went to several schools, including Army Public School, Dagshai
First break: Force, with John Abraham, in 2011
Low point of your life: I confess that I still haven’t had one yet
High point of your life: The time I was offered Commando. The film has given me the canvas and the freedom to do my kind of action, which is beyond anything India has seen before

Currently I AM ...
Living, breathing and eating Commando and getting hours of martial arts training

No comments:

Post a Comment