Vikas Sethi Biography

Vikas Sethi



Birthday: May 12
Place of Birth: Chandigarh
High point of your life: Yet to come
Sun sign: Taurus
Hometown: Punjab
Low point of your life: Don’t want to talk about it
Education: Shivalik Public School; Arya College, Ludhiana
Currently I am: Playing the role of Jaswant Rana in the TV serial Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se
First break: Shot for an advertisement for which I earned R20,000. My first break on TV was with the serial Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr aired on Star Plus (2002-2004)
A Punjabi dish to die for: Wrong question to ask a true Punjabi (since they are real foodies), but its Dal Makhani.
Your favourite Punjabi slang: Teri bhen di...
The hardest thing about being on TV: You have to shoot for crazy hours and still keep yourself fit, cool and charming.
Do you think you have the male equivalent of a bikini body?: I’m getting there. Another three or four months and you’ll see me topless.
The craziest thing a fan has done for you: Someone called me from London to say she is coming down to Mumbai to marry me.
The one myth about marriage you would like to bust: It is a beautiful institution that only needs some compromises.
What are your memories of growing up in Punjab?: Chilling out at places such as the Sector 17 plaza in Chandigarh.
You de-stress with: Jogging

One food craving you wish you could give in to: Bundi ladoos and gulab jamuns. I have to shut my eyes when I see them.
One thing nobody knows about you: That I can easily be a stand-up comedian. Even on the sets, people call me the ‘Laughing Buddha’ since I keep cracking jokes
Your strategy in a crisis: Don’t think, just go with the flow.
The one thing you would like to unlearn: Nothing. Learning in itself is the best thing.
One piece of advice you wish someone had given you 10 years ago: Don’t be that wise.
Which classic would you have chosen as your debut movie?: Mughal-e-Azam
Which colour dominates your wardrobe?: White. One can never go wrong with a white shirt and blue jeans.
If you were the editor of a magazine for a day, who would you put on the cover?: The least popular guy in the world.

Your favourite travel hotspot in north India: The entire Punjab—from Ludhiana to Amritsar, Jalandhar and Kartarpur Sahib, that has so many gurdwaras.
A celebrity you look up to: Shah Rukh Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment