AYAAN ALI KHAN Musician - HOW i START MY DAY?


AYAAN ALI KHAN Musician

HOW i START MY DAY


“Breakfast sets the mood for things to follow” I am an early riser. No matter how late I sleep, I have to be up early or else I feel half the day is wasted. As strange as it may sound, after I get up, I check my mails. Following this, I greet my family after which we have many rounds of tea. This is the time when work, concert dates etc are discussed. Conversations vary from music to concerts to important events. Since all of us are connected through music, there is a lot to share and talk about. This could go on for over an hour sometimes. Then, I have breakfast and that pretty much sets the mood for things to follow. Most importantly, the weather, whether it is a sunny day or a rainy day also affects my thinking process. Surroundings play an important role in how I plan my day.
    I either practise sarod soon after or head to the gym. However, music is always priority, so mostly, I head to the music room after I’ve taken a shower. Now that I am a father, I also spend quality time with both my sons. They are up rather early too. I plan my day and hope to achieve something, at least, by the end of the day. For musicians, mornings are the same, whether it is a Sunday or Monday, except that we get a thick set of newspapers on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment