Sonali Kulkarni Photoes - Natrang Sonalee kulkarni

Sonali Kulkarni Photoes - Natrang fame Marathi Girl Apsara Aali com laibhaari www

                                   












About Me(Sonali Kulkarni)

I was born in a Military Hospital, Kirkee, Pune. That indicates I have an Army background. My father served in AMC for more than 30 yrs and is retired now. Despite of him being in the Army, we never moved with him. This is because my mother works in the Central Ordnance Depot at Dehu Road, and that is why we, me and my younger brother were brought up in Dehu Road and Pradhikaran, Pune.g
Born in a family with a multicultural background, my upbringing was a little different. We speak Hindi at home, tried catching up Marathi with paternal relatives and Punjabi with mom’s relatives. I studied in an Army school, Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1. Despite being a very good student; (scored 88% in 10th) I always participated in almost all the cultural activities in school, which is responsible in bringing out the dancer in me. I also danced in all the small, big functions happening in my mom’s office. As far as I remember, I first performed on stage when I was 5. I also enrolled for Bharatnatyam classes in 9th std, but could not learn much, had to finish my Arangyatram in one and a half yrs. I always dreamt of pursuing graduation from Fergusson College. In the hope of getting in AFMC and also due to my interest in Biology, I took up Science for my Jr. College course in Fergusson. Here, I discovered the model in me. I participated in May Queen 2005 (a beauty contest happening in Pune) and won the 1st Runner’s up with 5 subtitles. And I did a few print ads and ramp shows.
The 1st time I witnessed a motion picture camera was in FTII, Pune. A documentary was being shot, Shilpi Das Gupta, student director gave me a small role and that was the time that I noticed the actor in me.
My first commercial acting project was a Marathi serial HA KHEL SANCHITACHA, for E TV Marathi. And my tuitions in acting and Marathi began. On the same set, I was offered my first Marathi film GADHAVACH LAGNA. Although it was only a short appearance, a lot of people took notice. That included Kedarh Shinde, who launched me as an actor in BAKULA NAMDEO GHOTALE, which also won me my first set of awards. After a series of few films, my first commercial hit NATARANG won me a lot of accolades. Soon KSHANBHAR VISHRANTI and IRADA PAKKA gave me a lot of appreciation as an actor.
Meanwhile, I have finished my graduation in Mass communication and Journalism. Currently pursuing Post Graduation in the same.
When I am not shooting, I perform stage shows. I survive on dance and want to live on acting. I feel dancing is very rejuvenating. I am quite a net freak, like interacting with my fans on community sites. I workout as regularly as possible. I believe in healthy living. I am not a foodie, can munch on anything when hungry. Love music. A complete filmy, I can’t imagine life without films.

Sonali Kulkarni's ACHIEVEMENTS


1. 45th Maharashtra state Awards for Marathi films - 2008 - Best Actress in a debut film - 'Bakula Namdeo Ghotale'
2. Zee Gaurav Puraskar 2008 - Best Actress for 'Bakula Namdeo Ghotale'
3. Nargis Dutt Puraskar- Ubharta Sitara-2006
4. May Queen-2005 - 1st runner up with 5 subtitles.


Sonali Kulkarni FEATURE FILMS (released)


Gadhavacha Lagna –12th Jan 2007
Director - Raju Phulkar Cast – Makrand Anaspure, Sharad Ponkshe
Bakula Namdeo Ghotale –12th October 2007
Director – Kedar Shinde Cast – Bharat Jadhav, Siddharath Jadhav
Hai Kai Nai Kai - 28th Aug 2009
Director - Prasad Oak, Pushkar Shrotri Cast - Prasad Oak, Pushkar Shrotri, Atul Parchure, Jeetendra Joshi, Sai Tamhankar

TV COMMERCIAL

Campaign for TATA INDICOM - 2008
Campaign for WAAGH BAKRI CHAI - 2008

PRINT ADS

1. Reliance India Mobile - 2005
2. Pune IT Mall - 2006
3. Idea Cellular - 2006
4. Ace Bike - 2006


STAGE SHOWS & EVENTS:

1. Launching performance on a Lavani song from Natrang in Zee Talkies presents Maharashtracha Favorite Kon Awards.
2. Lavani Performance on Jagdish Khebudkar's song "Disla ga bai disla" , (Lifetime Acheivement award winner) in 46th Maharashtra State Awards for Marathi films.
3. Lavani performance in Zee Gaurav Puraskar 2009, as a promotion of Marathi movie Natrang.
4. Inauguration of Pune Festival 2008-2007
5. European Maharashtrian Sanmelan -2008, organized by Maharashtra Mandal France in Paris.
6. Performance at 45th Maharashtra State Awards for Marathi films.
7. Salaam Pune, Salaam Nashik and Salaam Nagpur for Mee Marathi - 2008
8. Performance on Sharmila Tagore and Shammi Kapoor hits in the Inauguration of PIFF -2007
9. Ramp shows for Vipul sarees, Pune Gagdil Jewelers -2006
10. Launch show for Honda Civic in Pune and Aurangabad - 2005
11. Inauguration of PIFF-2005 by giving a tribute to Raj Kapoor - 2004
















Sonali Kulkarni in her words.

Ambitious, determined and hardworking, that’s how I describe myself.

Dance is my passion, and I have been performing stage shows from the age of 5. A trained Bharatnatyam dancer, I never thought of acting in films, till my first encounter with the camera in FTII, for a documentary film, when I was 14. It was then, that I realised, that all I wanted to do is acting.

My journey has had its difficulties, as I hail from an Army background and my father expected me to follow suit. Moreover, I had no connection or source to guide me in the industry. But I decided I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately succeed, than; succeed in a cause that would ultimately fail. Hence I got my first portfolio done and started circulating my pictures and giving auditions at various production houses.

I was completing my junior college in PCB (Science) from Fergusson College, when I got an opportunity to participate in a city based beauty paegent ‘Dreamgurlz 2005’, hosted by Residency Club. I was fortunate to have gone through a training session for a week, provided by the club. They taught us how to walk, how to talk and how to be presentable on stage.

The contest boosted up my confidence as I won the 1st runner’s up and 5 sub-titles (Miss beautiful smile, hair, skin, Miss Talent and Miss Heritage). Most importantly it opened a new door for me to explore myself- in the world of modelling.

Soon I did my first print advertisement for one of the biggest brands- Reliance India mobile, (August-05).
And then for Pune IT Mall, Ace bikes, Idea cellular……

Simultaneously, I was also giving auditions for TV serials and films. And one fine day, I got selected to play a crucial role in a Marathi daily soap Ha Khel Sanchitacha for ETV Marathi (2006). I played a Kathak dancer, for which I had to learn the basics of the danceform, learnt a lot from my co-stars and also the language- Marathi, which I wasn’t fluent in.
After six months the daily soap was taken off the air, but bagged me a major role in a comedy ‘Gadhavacha Lagna’, starring Marathi superstar Makrand Anaspure. The film released in January 2007 and I got noticed. But getting noticed was not enough. My dreams were higher, my capabilities inexplored. Till now, I was struggling throughout just to get a single opportunity to prove my talent. And at a point, I had almost given up.

Do miracles happen?

Life sometimes refuses to fit in the jigsaw…the jigsaw of a perfect moment. We wake up
with the delusion of making things up. Things that are far beyond a visible site of our awakening.
But my life found the perfect fit in the jigsaw of that perfect moment. Yes, miracles do happen! It happened to me when I needed it the most and perhaps, expected it the least.

Kedar Shinde, an acclaimed Marathi film director, signed me to play the protagonist in his first female-oriented comedy ‘Bakula Namdeo Ghotale’. After a lot of hardwork and patience, the film released on October 12, 2007, and my work was appreciated tremendously. It gave me a lot of recognition and established me as an actor. My first film, with my first major role won me my first nomination in one of the most prestigious Award Ceremonies, Zee Gaurav Puraskar-2008….and I won my first award as Best Actress, everything happened miraculously.

I am still waiting to unfold my wings and fly, but as they say, ‘he who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run…’

See here - Top_50_bollywood_Actresses of 2015 
































2 comments:

  1. Hi Sonali,

    I like your dancing style and acting,
    you are looking very beautiful in Natrang movie


    Thanks,
    Sneha

    ReplyDelete