Actor Mahie Gill keen to do roles like senior Bollywood diva Sridevi

Sri on Mahie's mind!

Actor Mahie Gill keen to do roles like senior Bollywood diva Sridevi


In her short career, actor Mahie Gill has already won the audience as well as critics' approval for her flair of acting. Riding high on the acclaim for her last release Ram Gopal Varma's Not a Love Story, she is now awaiting the release of her upcoming film which portrays her as a raunchy, bold wife, romancing not one, but two men.
Ask her if it's essential to go bold and sexy in almost every second film and Mahie quickly responds, "Even if I do a one-minute shot where I'm making love to my co-star, which is the requirement of the script, then it's made out to be a big deal, but if other actresses wear bikinis even though not required by the script, no-one questions it. But I feel happy that my two-minute shot creates a buzz that other bikini-clad actresses can't. So, I'm better off."
Mahie calls herself extremely lucky to have gained a stronger foothold in the industry with each film. "I have been very lucky in a short time of my film career to get such female-oriented roles as I did in Dev D and Not A Love Story. But it also has been a conscious effort from my end to not repeat similar characters that I have already portrayed when I choose scripts. I want to do as many genres as I can. I wish to do a masala comedy film , and also a horror film will be fun to do. However I wish to do a role like Sridevi's in Chaalbaaz!" says the actor.
So who are the stars that she wishes to now work with, "I want to work with Aamir Khan. I also wanted to work with Irrfan Khan which I have already been fortunate to work with. And yes I want to work with Ajay Devgn. He is an amazing actor and I love the intensity in his eyes. Also he is hot and I will love to work with him someday," said the actor while she was shooting for Date Trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment