Waiting for Tom! Actor Sonam Kapoor reveals the preparations in swing at her house to welcome Hollywood heartthrob, Tom Cruise

Waiting for Tom!

Actor Sonam Kapoor reveals the preparations in swing at her house to welcome Hollywood heartthrob, Tom Cruise



Four years since her debut, actor Sonam Kapoor seems to be finally ditching her girl-next-door-image for a hotter avatar. Even though unlike her co-star, Bipasha Basu, the actor won't be sporting a bikini in her next movie, Sonam insists that she will never have a no-bikini clause in her contracts. In a candid chat with After Hrs, the Bolly actor reveals why and also shares the excitement in the Kapoor household as they gear up to welcome Hollywood hearththrob Tom Cruise.

So, you are readying for Cruise's visit here?
Yes, absolutely. Dad (actor Anil Kapoor) is very excited and so are all of us. Nothing is finalised yet, but dad's looking forward to hosting a dinner for him. Mom's looking into the preparations as well, including buying gifts for him and his family. I will be busy with the promotional activities, but I hopefully will get to meet him too. He's a universal heartthrob, and for me he'll always be Tom Top Gun Cruise, so yes, I'm pretty excited too. We are all waiting for him.

Your dad's made a rather successful crossover to Hollywood. You have been getting Hollywood offers too, so will you be following suit?
Dad has an amazing following and he's been so well-received, he's as much at home there as he is in Bollywood. As for me, yes I do have offers, but well, it's a completely different process there and I am not even going to try yet. It's too early for me.

What if Tom offers a role?
Well, if it's with him, now that would be more than a dream come true (laughs).

You have refused to wear a bikini in Players, so is that a clause you have in your contract?
No, I will never have a clause like that. I would love to wear a bikini, and if I ever manage to get a bikini-bod I would sport one too. Right now, I feel I don't have the kind of body to carry off the look, that's all. But as an actor, I would hate to have boundaries and set limitations for myself.

Hasn't it been an image make-over of sorts for you playing this super-glam babe on screen?
Yes, I'm playing a rather hot character which is a far cry from the girl-next-door kind of roles I've done so far, but I wouldn't call it an image make-over. I don't think that I have been typecast in the first place to need to change my image. But yes, this film is a hardcore commercial masala fare, which I haven't done before.

And do we see you doing an item number soon?
Well, I don't know if I would be comfortable doing the latkas and jhatkas a la item girls and that too if it's a special number in someone else's film. But if it's a special number for my own film, well for that I'd be game!

No comments:

Post a Comment