‘It is the hardest thing I’ve ever done’ ...says actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt as he reveals more about turning director and his next release

‘It is the hardest thing I’ve ever done’
...says actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt as he reveals more about turning director and his next release

Best remembered as Robin in The Dark Knight Rises, actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be next seen in Looper. He tells us about his toughest experiences ever, over email. Excerpts from an interview:

Tell us about your character in Looper?
My character in Looper is not exactly a hero. I play a Kansas City hitman in 2044 who is assigned to kill his future self, played by Bruce Willis, who has been sent back by the mob to materialise in a field and get whacked. I used to spend three hours in the makeup chair every morning getting a nose, lips, eyebrows, ears, and contact lenses. The center piece in the movie is the diner scene where Bruce’s older Joe and my younger Joe, the same character, are sitting across from each other, talking. Shooting that scene was fun.
Your character Tom in 500 Days Of Summer is still remembered as an ideal on-screen boyfriend.
500 Days of Summer was a special film and it feels really good to be part of it. I’m glad to know that people still consider Tom as ideal on-screen boyfriend, but the credit should go the script and the director of the film.

Your thoughts on Bollywood?
I think everyone who is related to the film industry anywhere in the world would know of Bollywood. Unfortunately, I haven’t watched any Bollywood films. Recently, I heard the Priyanka Chopra and Will.I.Am song In My City. It’s nice.

Besides acting, what else do you interests you?
I just wrote a script. It’s called Don Jon’s Addiction and I’m directing it now. We just finished shooting it two months ago and we’re in the process of editing it. It’s definitely the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment