‘Too busy looking ahead’ …to bother looking sideways, says actor Asin; also gets candid about competition and being considered a lucky mascot at the box office

‘Too busy looking ahead’
…to bother looking sideways, says actor Asin; also gets candid about competition and being considered a lucky mascot at the box office

actor Asin
actor Asin

Actor Asin’s date-diary is choc-a-block with back-to-back schedules for her upcoming film, but ask her about the dating scene and she laughs, “Sorry, no date for that yet!” On a serious note she adds, “Where is the time to take a breather, forget getting involved. I’m happy at the moment dating my work,” she confesses. Fresh from two `100-crore successes this year alone, she does have a lot on her plate, starting with Khiladi 786 for which she is currently shooting. The Southern babe was part of Bollywood’s very first `100-crore film Ghajini, which she followed up with Ready; and both Aamir Khan and Akshay Kumar have had their first `100-crore films with her. How does she feel about being the lucky mascot? “Lucky or not, I am glad that the films have worked and that the audience thought they were all paisa-vasool,” she says. But does she feel the pressure of the `100-crore tag now? “My criteria is really the script. Each and every person associated with a project hopes for it to click at the BO, but more than just the money, I think that satisfaction as an actor is also important,” adds Asin.
“It’s great to be a part of such successful movies because it means that the audience has loved your work, but I think it’s for the trade to follow numbers. As an actor, I don’t follow this bit at all. All that matters is that the audience is entertained.” The actor is equally nonchalant about her high success ratio. “No, I’m not patting myself on the back yet,” she shares. “I will do that when I sink my teeth into a really juicy and substantial role irrespective of how it fares at the BO. For me knowing that it was challenging and that I delivered it well, will be the real reason to pat myself,” adds Asin. As for competition, she adds that it doesn’t matter either. “I am too busy looking ahead, to look sideways and see who is doing what,” she smiles.
However, the actor insists that though hungry for more, she has no complaints about the way things are shaping up. “I believe every actor has his or her own share of work and that it will come to them at a given time. As for me, I have never planned anything. I am just happy with the way things are going,” she elaborates.

No comments:

Post a Comment