Arjun's second innings In his second stint on TV, the actor will soon be seen hosting a show

Arjun's second innings

In his second stint on TV, the actor will soon be seen hosting a show



The small screen continues to be a star magnet. And the latest B-Town actor to be drawn to the tube is actor Arjun Rampal.For Arjun however, it's a comeback of sorts. The actor, who will soon be seen hosting a TV show, has earlier been a judge on the dance reality show, Nach Baliye.
Talking about turning a TV host, Arjun says, "As a judge you aren't exactly presenting or performing in any sort. But as a host one has to be alert, spontaneous, witty and at the same time also be real. I had been offered many shows post Nach Baliye, but I wanted to do something more exciting. And when I heard the concept of Love 2 Hate U, I was kicked about it and it'sa challenge hosting a show that's impromptu in nature and where celebrities get to meet their biggest haters!"
But doesn't he think concepts like these are indirectly popularising hatred? "Frankly, I feel exactly the opposite. There is too much negativity which already exist in people's mind. But through my show I feel that we are highlighting the fact that hatred is the easiest emotion to have, but to love is very difficult. And today we need to spread love and not hate. Today's youth loves to hate as on social interactive sites that's the easiest way to grab attention. So when such virtual haters meet celebrities, both come to know about the unrevealed aspects and then the hater can decide if he still feels the negativity for the person. "
In fact, Arjun will be the first celebrity of the show to face his hater followed by director Madhur Bhandarkar. The unconventional format, which is adapted from its US version called Haters, is rumoured to have celebrities like Shahrukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar among others join Arjun on the show as he shares a great rapport with them.
As Arjun dons a TV host's hat, ask him who has been his favourite celebrity host and he promptly replies, "I simply love Mr Bachchan (actor Amitabh Bachchan) in Kaun Banega C rorepati and also Shahrukh was a great host on it. I also enjoy watching Preity as a host for her bindaas style! But I will love to add that like all of them I too have my own way and I am very excited to actually find out what my haters feel about me as a host!"

No comments:

Post a Comment