I’m waiting to watch the new version of my song Aankh Maare: Arshad Warsi




It has been 22 years since director Joy Augustine’s Tere Mere Sapne launched Arshad Warsi and Chandrachud Singh into Bollywood. Arshad’s spunky dance moves in the song Aankh Maare is still part of public memory. Reportedly, this song is being recreated for Rohit Shetty’s Simmba, and Ranveer Singh will step into Arshad’s shoes for the hit track.

When we spoke to Arshad about his hit song being revisited after so many years, he said, “I can’t believe it has been more than 20 years since I first faced the camera for that song. Ranveer has so much energy as an actor, I am sure he will do a fantastic job with such an entertaining number. I’m waiting to watch the new version with Ranveer. Also, it’s being recreated for Rohit Shetty’s film. The man is really special for me and I am sure he will give it a fantastic twist.”


Recalling the shoot of the song 22 years ago, Arshad insists that the experience is still fresh in his memory. “I wasn’t used to the Bollywood dance drill. I was this professional dancer who knew jazz and hip-hop. It was like a culture shock to go on the set and be told to do some crazy Bollywood jhatkas. But we had a lot of fun putting that film and that song together,” says the actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment