HARSH RAJPUT

‘If supernatural shows excite the audience, how can actors have a say on whether the genre is good or bad?’
HARSH RAJPUT

Television has seen quite a few actresses turn daayans on screen. Now, it looks like even male actors are slipping into a similar avatar. Harsh Rajput is currently seen playing Daavansh — half human-half devil — on the TV show Nazar. Ask the actor if it was lack of good content-based roles that made him opt for the supernatural genre and he replies, “I have always believed in doing something different. So, when a devil’s role was offered, I saw it as an opportunity to do some good action sequences.”

He, however, denies that the genre is clogging the GEC space. He reasons, “The audiences decide what they want to watch. If supernatural shows excite them, how can actors have a say on whether the genre is good or bad?”


Interestingly, Harsh, who has earlier been a part of shows like Dharam Veer, Hitler Didi, Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke and Janbaaz Sindbad, was at one point thinking of giving up his acting career. He says, “After Saath Nibhaana Saathiya ended, I auditioned for a few shows, but they didn’t work out. Rejection and failure almost made me give up, but I have realised that patience and self-belief are the two most important traits for anyone. Fortunately, Nazar happened sometime ago. I feel that it is important to be happy with what you get and keep doing your work instead of being choosy.”

But does he feel that male actors don’t have much to do in shows, many of which revolve around women? “Not really. Even on my show Nazar, every character is as important as the daayan. Also, I am getting an opportunity here to play different characters at the same time.”

Harsh, who relocated from Navsari to Mumbai around 12 years ago, says it wasn’t easy for him when he first came here. He says, “Since Navsari is a small town, my world turned upside down when I came to Mumbai. Probably my confidence level was not that high then. It took me a while to understand the culture in a big city. But gradually I learned how to survive here.”

Harsh sports a six-pack physique and like others he too feels that it is important to be fit specially when you are an actor. He says, “I feel nowadays many actors have to do bare-chested scenes and you need to look extremely toned for that. My six pack abs actually helped me land a role in the show as it required many action scenes.”

The actor also feels it’s important to stick to your belief system and not compromise on your values. He says, “There are some people who try to take advantage of you. But it's up to you whether you want to compromise.”



No comments:

Post a Comment