Irfan Pathan, cricketer Biography

Irfan Pathan, cricketer

Irfan Pathan, cricketer

Irfan Pathan, cricketer



Birthday: October 27

Sun Sign: Scorpio

Place of birth: Baroda, Gujarat

Hometown: Baroda

School/college: MES High School, Baroda

First Break: December 12, 2003 against Australia

High point of your life: Bagging my India cap. What a moment!

Low point of your life: When I injured my back in 2009-10

Currently I am...Looking forward to representing India in the West Indies tri-series



You only had one bicycle between you and Yusuf, were there fights?

Yes, like all siblings we fought a lot but we always had each other’s back.



When did you realise that cricket was your calling in life?

When I was 14 and my parents were very supportive.



What did you buy first: bat or ball?

Bowling shoes because I didn’t have a pair for the longest time.



Who are your best buddies on the Indian team?
Robin Uthappa. But I get along with everyone.



There are cricket matches all through the year. How do you stay fit?

It is very important to sleep well and train harder each day.



If you could party the night away with one guy from the Indian dressing room, who would it be?

Cricket is not about one individual. The reason that our team is successful is because we all work hard together and party together.



After the Pakistan tour, you were India’s golden boy for a while. Did it hurt after you were dropped from the team?

Yes it did hurt, but I always knew I will come back strong. And I’ve been training very hard since then.



What do you do right before a game?

I pray and stay relaxed.



Best moment in the dressing room.

Winning the T20 World Cup (2007) and sharing it with my brother. The atmosphere in the dressing room was unreal and electrifying.



One senior player you are scared of.

I respect all of them and fear no one.



One piece of advice you wish someone had given you 10 years ago.

You shouldn’t be too hard on yourself.



If you weren’t a cricketer, you would have been…
My parents wanted me to become a doctor or a priest.



Your favourite Bollywood movie.

Hera Pheri (2000).



Your last meal would be...

Anything cooked by mom.



You have five minutes to pack, what do you take with you?

Two pair of jeans, two T-shirts, a pair of shoes, my prayer carpet, iPad and headphones.



A song that defines your current state of mind.

Take my breath away – Top Gun (1986).



What attracts you to a woman?

She has to be a nice human being and respect elders.



Do you enjoy playing or watching any other sport?
I enjoy playing table tennis and volleyball.



If you could be a superhero, who would you be?

I would like to be Popeye.



A sin you’d love to indulge in.
I try and avoid all sin. A moment that moved you to tears.
Making a comeback to the Indian team in 2011 after my back injury.

The last line of your autobiography would read…
It has to be something about my family.

Things Irfan loves to eat
Biryani
Paya
Mixed vegetables that my mom cooks
Mangoes
Methi keema

No comments:

Post a Comment