Neeru Bajwa Biography

Neeru Bajwa




Your favourite Punjabi slang Avein…
Are things better for newcomers now than they were 10 years ago? There’s no doubt that there are more opportunities now, as a lot more Punjabi films are being made. Nevertheless, female actors continue to be used as decoration pieces.
What did you have to change about yourself to make a place for yourself in Bollywood? As an actor, I did change in order to play the roles that I got, which I wasn’t too happy about. But, I don’t want to do that now.
Is your current phase a permanent backseat from Bollywood or just a sabbatical? Bollywood isn’t offering any great roles, while in Punjab, there is a huge market. I don’t want to leave that for the not-so appealing stuff.
When did you realise you were good looking? When I started out, I mostly got to hear that I am not that good looking. I think I started looking good when I did the film, Heer Ranjha. Which part of your body would you insure? My eyes.
What’s your fitness regime? I work out almost every day, eat moderately, don’t keep grudges and stay happy.
One food craving you wish you could indulge in Any dish that has mutton in it.
One thing that nobody knows about you That I get really, really nervous before going on stage.

Your strategy in a crisis To pray
A Punjabi song you can’t stop humming Gurdas Maan’s Ik Tu Hove, Ik Main Hovan.
The last line of your autobiography would read... ‘I left with a smile on my face.’
The weirdest thing you have heard about the mole on your cheek ‘ Eh jo thoda til hai, oh sadda dil hai’.
You de-stress with A nice spa followed by lunch.
If not an actor, you would have been... A chef.
The five must-haves in every girl’s wardrobe... A salwar kameez, a little black dress, a pair of jeans that fit well, a crisp white shirt and nude pumps.
Do you believe fairness creams work? I think advertisements for fairness creams are very insulting. It feels bad to see young girls feeling pressurised to look fair.
A director you would give anything to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Your favourite accessory A watch.
A dessert that describes you Apple pie, because it’s hard outside and soft inside.
If you woke up one day and found you’d turned into a man… I’ll kill myself.
What’s your relationship status? Very much single and not ready to mingle

No comments:

Post a Comment