Brett Lee, Cricketer Biography

Brett Lee, Cricketer

Brett Lee, Cricketer

Brett Lee, Cricketer



Birthday

November 8



Place of birth

Mt Warrigal, New South Wales, Australia



Hometown

Sydney



School/college

Oak Flats, New South Wales



First break

Being selected for the Australian test team in 1999



High point of your life
The birth of my son Preston in 2006, and my Australian test debut in 1999. It was against the mighty Indian cricket team that included Sachin Tendulkar



Low point of your life

The many injuries I endured during my career that left me wondering if I would ever play cricket again



Currently I am

Playing T20 cricket for Kolkata Knight Riders and also promoting Australia Tourism in India



What is the story behind your nickname, Binga?

I was nicknamed after Bing Lee, a chain of electronic stores. It is an Aussie

cricket thing. Michael Clarke is called ‘Pup’, Ricky Ponting ‘Punter’ and Shane Warne ‘Hollywood’.



As an ambassador for Australia Tourism in India, which Indian cricketer would you like to invite Down Under?

I would take Sachin Tendulkar to El Questro Homestead, Kununurra. I’d love him to experience the adventure of the Australian Outback.



Which cricket captain do you feel closest to?

Since my big break happened with the support of Steve Waugh, I’m very fond of him.



Which Indian actress or showbiz personality would you like to invite on a date to Australia?

I am great friends with Preity Zinta and I would love her to visit.



You play the piano and the mouth organ, as well as acoustic and bass guitars. What does music mean to a cricket star?

Music helped me de-stress on tours. After a day’s play, I would grab my guitar and play for hours on end. My band, White Shoe Theory did a series of gigs in India in 2010. I’ve also set up the Mewsic Foundation which does a lot of charity work here.



If you get a chance, which band or singer would you want to perform with?

Coldplay.



What was it like to sing a duet with Asha Bhosle?

Fantastic. I was on tour in India, so the song was recorded separately, with Asha recording her part in Mumbai. Never did I

imagine that the song would go to No.2 in India.



Your favourite Indian dish.

Butter chicken.



What do you love to cook?

Something simple and healthy like a barbecue, which is my speciality and perfect for an Aussie lifestyle.



What do you think of Shah Rukh Khan as an IPL team owner?

He is always at our games and the fans love him. He’s a great motivator and inspired us to victory in 2012.



Your favourite movies.

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and The Shawshank Redemption.



And favourite actors.

Amitabh Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor,

Angelina Jolie and Adam Sandler.



What makes you angry?

Laziness and people not giving it a go.



What stresses you the most?
Losing my cricket gear while travelling.



One thing you never leave home without.

My guitar.



If you had to wear the same outfit for a week, what would you pick?

I would stick to jeans and a T-shirt.



Three things you love to splurge on?

Boats, cars and guitars.



Your strategy in a crisis.

Act sooner rather than later.



The last line of your autobiography would read?

I’ll never die wondering "what if".



My music

Gym: The Black Eyed Peas

Night: The



Temper Trap

On the road: Kings of Leon



Right now: Ed Sheeran

Pick me up: Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment