Sania Mirza, Tennis player biography

Sania Mirza, Tennis player

Sania Mirza, Tennis player

Sania Mirza, Tennis player





Birthday: November 15

Sun sign: Scorpio

Place of birth: Mumbai

Hometown: Hyderabad

School/college: NASR School, St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad

High point of your life
Winning the Wimbledon in 2003 (Girl’s Doubles title)

First break
My debut on the International Tennis Federation circuit at age 15

Currently i am...
The brand ambassador for Krrish Delhi Smashers and opening an academy soon




If you weren’t a tennis player, you would have been …

A doctor, definitely.


What’s your fitness regime?

It depends on whether I’m playing or not. If I’m not playing, then I train for nearly 5 to 6 hours.


One dance form you’d like to learn?

Salsa. It’s fascinating.


The hardest thing about being on TV?

When you are doing an interview, you need to be very careful about your body and what you say.


What can’t you get enough of?

Shoes, actually! I just love them and at last count, I had 327 shoes.


The one myth about marriage you’d like to bust.

That just because a couple comes out holding hands, it doesn’t mean they haven’t been fighting.


The most romantic thing Shoaib has done for you?

He replaced my seven-carat diamond ring with a 13.5 carat one recently.


The craziest thing a fan has done for you.

When I was at the Amsterdam Open, a guy not only stalked me but entered my room, got hold of my sister’s phone and called me 20 times. He even left a bundle of my pictures and his college degree in my room.


A song that always lifts your spirits.

Bollywood music is very uplifting. These days I’m hooked on to Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2.


Your favourite sportspersons.

Roger Federer and Sachin Tendulkar.


If you were in a movie, who’d make a dream co-star?

Akshay Kumar.


  Which superhero would you like to be?

Spiderman. I’ve liked him since I was a kid.


One food craving you wish you could indulge.

I love any kind of food. I don’t have a sweet tooth, but I love haleem.


One thing nobody knows about you?

That I’m extremely soft on the inside.


The last line of your autobiography would read…

You will have to wait for that as it is going to come out very soon.


A tennis player you wish you could partner with?

Steffi Graf. Unfortunately, she stopped playing when I started

Travel Wishlist


Your idea of a great weekend?

Going off to the beach, relaxing and getting a nice massage


A place you’d like to be lost in for a month?

The Maldives


Three travel necessities?

My makeup kit (I take the bare minimum), a change for the night and my mobile phone


Your worst holiday?

Thankfully I haven’t had a bad one yet


Your favourite travel movie?

Eat Pray Love

No comments:

Post a Comment