Sanjay Gupta, Filmmaker Biography

Sanjay Gupta, Filmmaker

Sanjay Gupta, Filmmaker

Sanjay Gupta, Filmmaker



The one piece of advice filmmaker Sanjay Gupta wishes he got 10 years ago was to not be loyal to a single star. Find out more about the Bollywood director.





Birthday


April 14



Sun Sign
Aries





Place of birth


Mumbai



Hometown

Mumbai



School/College

GHK High School/ Sydenham College, Mumbai



First break

Assistant director on Jalwa (1987)



High point of your life

The birth of my son



Low point of your life

The period before my second marriage



Currently I am...

Casting for Mumbai Saga, scripting Khote Sikke and working on a book of 11 short stories



If you weren’t a director, you would have been…

A motorcycle mechanic or a gangster!



Your favourite Bollywood crime movie (other than your own).

The original Agneepath.



The biggest gangster in Bollywood?

Me!



One thing people don’t know about you.

I am an avid art collector with a knack for spotting promising talent.



If you could remake a Bollywood movie, which one would it be?

Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), with John Abraham, Abhishek Bachchan and Emraan Hashmi.



Award functions. Love them or hate them?

They are for the entertainment of the public and are absolutely meaningless to me.



If you could endorse a product, which one would you pick?

Safety riding gear for bikes.



You destress by...


Hanging out with my kids.



Who’s your 3am friend?

My wife.



The biggest risk you’ve taken.

I took over Kaante as an independent producer with a liability of `1.36 crore when I had only `10,000 in my bank account.



One piece of advice you wish someone had given you 10 years ago.

To not be loyal to any one star.



One piece of advice you’d like to give an aspiring Bollywood director.

Hone your writing skills.



An actress most fit to play a cop.

It would be fun to see Parineeti Chopra as a bossy, bully cop.



The best compliment you’ve received.

My wife told me that I am a great husband and father.



If you could be reborn as someone else, who would you choose?

I would still choose myself.



One thing you hate about Bollywood.

Its ‘crab mentality’ of pulling down people on the rise. Your meanest machine?
My bike, a Yamaha V-Max gifted to me by John Abraham

No comments:

Post a Comment