I sell talent, not my name: Anil Kapoor The actor reveals his reason for being super-choosy when it comes to brand endorsements

I sell talent, not my name: Anil Kapoor
The actor reveals his reason for being super-choosy when it comes to brand endorsements

Endorsing brands has almost become a second career for most of the Bollywood stars, and trade insiders too vouch that the rankings of a star today depend as much on the endorsement figures, as much as they do on their BO popularity. But while most actors tend to hop on to the lucrative brand bandwagon by endorsing several products at a time, actor Anil Kapoor prefers to be as choosy as ever. In fact, the actor refrained from endorsing any brand for over 25 years and did his first one, only in 2009. And despite the long list of offers the actor refuses to succumb to the pressures of endorsing many brands.
“We are actors and I believe in selling talent, not my name. Back then, I had taken up that brand, because I felt that it was an extension of myself,” says Anil. “I have nothing against actors who do more commercials than films. But I personally believe that if I’m a film actor, then acting in films is what I should be doing in that capacity,” explains the actor, adding, “If I am choosy about my films, I’m super choosy about the brands. Money has never been my driving force. So even if I do choose to endorse a product, it will only be something that I’m personally convinced about.”
Anil may not want to be seen doing too many ads, but he has never shied away from taking up projects that are associated with social causes. “I am all for a social cause. If I can help spread awareness about a socially relevant issue then I’m all for it,” shares the actor.
The actor whose recent release Tezz saw him as a Brit cop, will be playing a cop again in Shootout At Wadala and the international film Cities, and then again in Race 2. “Yes, it’s exciting to play a cop in back-to-back films. I think it’s really challenging to make one cop character look completely different from the other and I look forward to it,” says Anil.

No comments:

Post a Comment