Rinku Karmarkar

Rinku Karmarkar goes bald for TV show


Actors are known for tak ing painstaking efforts to add authenticity to their roles. Rinku Karmarkar is the latest addition to the list. She has shaved off her head for her role as Tai, who is protesting her son's marriage with the girl she despises, in Vikas Seth's Ye Vaada Raha. Surprisingly , it was the actress' idea to sport a bald pate. “I was fed up of wearing a wig as the pins that held it together would prick and hurt my scalp. So I told my unit that it would be better if I went bald.They conveyed it to the makers, who were shocked to hear this.When they asked me, I told them that taking such a step would enhance the character,“ she informs. Quiz her whether she was apprehensive before taking this step and Rinku replies, “It's a huge experiment for me as an actor. I have played grey characters before, but this one is the strongest of them. I was anxious and nervous while doing it, but never went back on my decision.As a child, I always wanted to tonsure my head. I never liked my hair long; I always chopped it off whenever it grew beyond shoulder-length.“
And how did her husband, actor Kiran Karmarkar react to this decision? “He threw a fit and said that he didn't approve of the idea,“ she says, adding, “I told him that I was doing this solely for the character. I reminded him of his last fiction outing for which he underwent a complete makeover. As an actor, if you are passionate about a role, you do everything possible to make it authentic. Unlike typical vamps, who sport big bindis and gaudy make-up, Tai is an ordinary woman,“ added the actress.
Rinku Karmarkar

Krutika Desai




No comments:

Post a Comment