All set for band, baajaa, baraat! Soon-to-wed actor couple Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza reveal their wedding plans and share their excitement on the upcoming W-day

All set for band, baajaa, baraat!

Soon-to-wed actor couple Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza reveal their wedding plans and share their excitement on the upcoming W-day

http://cdn.epaper.dnaindia.com/EpaperImages//mumbai//21012012//d106584.jpg

Theirs is slated to be one of the biggest weddings in B-Town this year and both actors and soon-to-be-weds Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza are finding themselves having to juggle not only their wedding preparations with the promotional activities of their forthcomning film — both of which are on in full swing — but the couple is also busy with another wedding in the family. Riteish’s younger brother Dheeraj is also getting hitched in February to filmmaker Vashu Bhagnani’s daughter Honey.
But the busy schedules haven’t dented the excitement for the couple and Genelia is in her usual live-wire avatar as we catch up with her. “It’s one of the biggest days of our life and so many things are happening around the same time. It just makes for the perfect wedding atmosphere. Though we didn’t expect so many things to be lined up, I’m just very happy for everything!” enthuses Genelia, as Riteish looks on.
Considering Riteish is a part of a high-profile political family from Maharashtra, it is much expected that the wedding would be a traditional affair, with many ceremonies lined up. So, will it be a traditional Maharashtrian wedding or will it be a white gown affair? “It will definitely be a traditional wedding, but about the Christian wedding (pauses), I think I will let that be a secret for now. I was always aware that traditional rituals will be a part of our wedding ceremony and I am very much for them, as I feel these are the things that make any wedding special. Also I am relaxed on that front, as Riteish’s family is very supportive of us just like my family has been. Also Riteish has always let me do whatever I feel is right. One of the reasons that we have been together all these years, I feel, is the space that we gave each other and never had any communication gap,” shares Genelia.
Meanwhile, Riteish though excited, prefers not to divulge many wedding details. “I’m excited as it’s my first wedding and I am so busy with my film’s promotion (laughs). There are two weddings happening in our house. Hence, all the frenzy is obvious,” says Riteish. Confirming the marriage details, he adds, “Yes my wedding is to happen on February 3 and that’s for sure. But besides I haven’t planned much as of now.”
However soon-to-be-bride Genelia reveals that she’s already preparing to get in to the real role of a wife. “I’m learning to cook and will love to try to prepare some delicious delicacies someday soon. I can read and write Marathi, but I haven’t spoken ever. Riteish too keeps telling me to try conversing especially as my mum speaks the language fluently. So, I guess I will soon take lessons from her (smiles). I don’t know how good a bahu or wife I will be, but one thing I can promise is that I will always be Genelia, the girl that everyone knows,” she signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment