TOP NAMES SHUN TV



Actors confess they'd rather tune into shows other than their own or not switch on TV on their days off
 
Most TV actors who are currently working in one or the other daily soap across Hindi GECs, admit they shoot for their shows for anything between 12-18 hours a day, depending on the episode bank. Many of them are stationed at studios 24-26 days a month.
Even child stars like Avika Gor, once the Balika Vadhu, and Roli from Sasural Simar Ka, are not spared. The 14year-old attends school before reporting for work, usually completes her homework in between shots.

`I prefer watching a tennis match' Ram Kapoor (Ram Kapoor of Bade Acche Lagte Hain):
I'm usually shooting for my show from 9 am to 9 pm.
After that, I'm too exhausted to fight with my wife (Gautami) and two kids for the remote control. I usually wait for my turn to watch something which usually is a tennis match or shows on channels like National Geographic, Discovery and Animal Planet. I'm clearly not the audience for the kind of shows I work in, even though the content of daily soaps and reality shows has improved in the last eight years. But it's just the beginning of change.

`Spend time on treadmill instead' Karanvir Bohra (known as Viraj, Saubhagyavati Bhavah):

I like coming home and watching my show sometimes because there's scope for instant feedback.
But whenever I get a day off from shoots, I prefer spending time in a hair salon, on the treadmill at home or in the gym. I'm a regular at my dance class too. Sometimes I take my wife (Teejay Siddhu) out for a movie. You can't force a `No TV Day' down anyone's throat, it has to come from choice and not be an annual event like Diwali and Christmas.

`Prefer gymming or walking on beach' Sushant Singh Rajput (Manav of Pavitra Rishta):
 
On TV, it's usually a movie, a sporting event or something that can be defined as infotainment. Usually, I'm shooting long hours so a day off is dedicated to music, gymming or just walking on the beach.
I like the concept of a No TV Day since it urges couch potatoes to be more active outdoors. Our lives have become TV-centric. That needs to change, slowly but surely.

`Shopping is my stressbuster' Ankita Lokhande (Archana of Pavitra Rishta): 


Whenever I get time off from the hectic schedule of shooting for my serial, I go shopping. I feel that it is a great stressbuster for a 20-something girl. Also for me, a visit to the salon and the spa are a must too on these one-off pampering days in my calendars. And if I'm feeling really low on energy, I just relax at home and make a point to stay miles away from my screen character and the glycerine bottle.

`Would rather clean c my house' Sara Khan (Mona of Ram Milayi Jodi): 


I may play a dolled-up `bahu' on screen but I'm not really a TV peron. A day off from work is a No TV Day for me. I catch up on sleep which is a luxury when we're trying to complete episodes. I'd suggest hat instead of being glued to he TV, people should listen o music, read books or just ustle up a meal. Even hough I have a maid I prefer leaning my house. It keeps me busy and miles away rom the TV.

`Visits to the spa and salon' Kritika Kamra (Nidhi of Kuch To Log Kahenge): 
 
Since I don't get time to watch TV on a day off from work I surf channels. I also catch up with my friends and visit my spa and salon.
I'm an incurable shopaholic and you can't keep me indoors. I don't believe in a No TV Day because TV, apart from entertaining, also helps communicate significant social messages.
Whether you want to observe a day like this should be left to personal choice.
`Swimming and football with kids'

Archana Puran Singh known for the Comedy Circus series):


When I'm not shooting, I chat with my kids on everything under the un. We've shifted the TV out of our dining area so we don't watch too much of it.
We use the time to play ootball in our little garden or go for a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment