An ‘I Quit’ video is the latest viral sensation

An ‘I Quit’ video is the latest viral sensation

This has also led to a counter ‘We’re hiring’ video, as well as spoofs from others from across the world


    After Gangnam Style, twerking and Harlem Shake, this time the latest video to go viral has a personal touch. Marina Shifrin, an American woman working in a Taiwanese animation firm, decided to announce her decision to quit through a video. This new favourite features her dancing around in her office, without really naming who she works for.
    Instead, she just lists out the reasons as to why she’s quitting, while prancing around to Kanye West’s Gone in the song. One gets to see her letter, which come as scroll-text throughout. Before proclaiming ‘I quit’, she writes “For almost two years I’ve sacrificed my relationships, time and energy for this job. And my boss only cares about quantity and how many views each video gets. So I figured I’d make ONE video of my own.”
    Marina has been quoted as saying that she was tired of the Taiwanese work environment, which placed a lot of emphasis on quantity, giving her no time or space outside work. In fact, the first thing she stated post the video going viral was that she wanted to go back to the United States for a job.
    Meanwhile, the video, which has gathered nearly 15 million views, has also caught the fancy of many people who are offering Marina a
job. Among them is actress-comedienne Queen Latifah, who has offered her a digital content producer job, tweeted, “This girl was so creative! I had to offer this internet sensation a job.”
A COUNTER VIDEO The Taiwanese company has now made a counter video with their staff dancing. The video has lyrics that scroll which say “We want to wish Marina well and let everyone know… we’re HIRING.”
MEMES AND SPOOFS TOO With the video going viral, memes and spoofs were to follow. Among these included a video by Brenna Jennings, a work-from-home mother, whose video says she is tired of the chores at home, but ends with “I’m kidding, we’re out of milk.”





No comments:

Post a Comment