Mohit Raina: Mallika Sherawat? No Thanks!

Mohit Raina: Mallika Sherawat? No Thanks!

Indian television’s most popular resident-deity Mohit Raina is amused and a bit exasperated by reports that he was expected to join Mallika Sherawat as one of her prospective husbands on her show The Bachelorette India. Mohit vehemently denies any ambitions of holding a spousal status in Ms Sherawat’s life. “No, not true at all. There was never any question of my being on this show. How could I do something of that sort when I have my Mahadev’s image to uphold? It sounds like a PR exercise. Till Mahadev is there in my life I won’t be attempting anything else. I am not looking for a change of image.”
As for this screen Shiva finding a real-life Parvati, Mohit shrugs. “I am still single. I guess no one wants to be with God. As soon as I revert to being a human being I think it will be easier for me to find a soul-mate. Or else I’d have to find a Goddess soon.” Mohit’s hands are full with playing Lord Shiva on his very popular show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev which has been on air for two years and shows no signs of wrapping up. The actor is very careful about his public conduct. “I’ve been given a role and a responsibility. It is good to be recognised as the face of Mahadev among people, so much so that when another mythological serial Mahabharat went on air they insisted that I play Mahadev in the serial for a day. I guess they couldn’t imagine anyone else playing the role. They didn’t want to take a chance. But no more Shiva roles for me, thank you.” Mohit reveals he wanted to play Karan in Mahabharat. “But they didn’t let me. They said I’ve to play Mahadev’s role. I happily agreed. I’ve Mahadev’s blessing.”
Lately, Mohit feels a change in the way audiences perceive him. “To an extent people have now begun to see that I am not Lord Shiva. That I am an actor playing the role with sincerity and conviction. This happened because of a negative character born out of Shiva in the story. This character gave my image a more human angle. People saw there was a lot of acting skills involved. Earlier they used to fall at my feet as though I was God. Now they feel I play God effectively, which to me is a more satisfying perception than the blind idolisation I encountered earlier.”

No comments:

Post a Comment