It was a toss-up between Wimbledon and the World Cup. I sacrificed football for Federer: Saiyami Kher




Saiyami Kher has been an ardent sports enthusiast and a diehard Roger Federer fan, and she prefers to catch sporting events during her vacations. The actress never misses an opportunity to watch her favourite tennis legend play live. No wonder then, that she chose Wimbledon over the just concluded FIFA World Cup. An ecstatic Saiyami shared from London, “It was a toss-up between Wimbledon and the football World Cup. I sacrificed football for Federer as I can watch the WC after four years but Federer may not continue playing till then, given the fact that he could possibly retire in the near future. I watched him play so no regrets. Of course, I was gutted to see him bow out in the quarter-final but (cricketer) Ajinkya Rahane and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play at the Wimbledon and I will be here next year to watch him win. Rohan Bopanna, Javed (Akhtar) uncle and I watched the spectacular Rafael Nadal-Novak Djokovic semi-final, which was one of the best tennis games ever.”

To ensure, she doesn’t miss out on the football final, which partially overlapped with tennis, the actress watched it at the Wimbledon lounge! “As soon as the men’s Wimbledon final got over, we ran towards the lounge to see Croatia play against France”, she added. If football and tennis wasn’t enough, Saiyami also watched India-England’s 2nd cricket ODI (One Day International) at Lord’s. She concluded, “My holidays are always sports oriented. I will also participate in a half marathon in Berlin soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment