‘I’m counting down days!’ ...And no, it’s not her wedding that actor Kareena Kapoor’s talking about, but her upcoming film

‘I’m counting down days!’
...And no, it’s not her wedding that actor Kareena Kapoor’s talking about, but her upcoming film

She’s had a long, hard day of shooting for several reality shows, but as we catch up with actor Kareena Kapoor, late night in her vanity van, there’s no signs of her having had a tiring day earlier. She’s raring to go as ever: “If you are excited about the work you do, you will always have the extra energy to go on,” she says. Being hailed as the reigning queen at the BO with her kitty jingling with Rs 100-crore films, to being voted the world’s hottest woman, professionally, there’s little that can better these achievements for an actor. And with marriage on the cards soon, Kareena’s on a personal high too. Never mind if the constant speculations around her marriage still make her roll her eyes with a resigned look. “I must not have thought about it as much as is being written about it,” she jokes, as we indulge the actor in a tete-a-tete...

What are you most excited about at this point in time — your birthday, your upcoming film, or the impending marriage?
Well, right now Heroine is all that I’m thinking about. I’ve always felt that I was born to be an actress and I feel that it’s only destiny that’s brought the film to me. Now, with the film releasing on my birthday, I feel that life has in a way come a full circle for me, though I will always be greedy to include more and more interesting roles in that circle. So may be, not a full circle but close to one for sure.

Your character in Heroine goes through her share of highs and lows as a top star. As a top star yourself, aren’t you plagued with similar insecurities and situations in real life too...
The nature and many situations of the industry are definitely the same, but I am not as temperamental as my character in the film is, though I am just as emotional. I have always maintained that work is only a part and not my life completely, even though I passionately love acting. But I am also passionate about other things in life, so that keeps me more rooted and balanced and besides Saif, my family has been my security blanket. So fair competition is welcome, but insecurity? There’s never been room for that.

This must be a special year for you?
Why only this, every year is special for me. May be this one a little more than the others, but I’m not thinking on those lines. Right now, I’m just counting down days...

To the wedding?
No, for my film’s release. About the wedding, Saif and I now have a pre-recorded message that will go on for some time I think: Marriage will happen when it has to and when it does we will let the world know!

You were recently voted the hottest woman. What did Saif have to say about that...
That he always knew (laughs)!

Do you think these tags give you an edge over your contemporaries?
No, I think my films are enough for that (laughs). These tags are good fun, and great compliments, but I don’t think it matters to the audience. They help you win such tags on the basis of your work to a great extent. It can’t be the other way round.








No comments:

Post a Comment