Himanshu Soni

After vowing not to play God again, Himanshu Soni is back as Krishna


Himanshu Soni had sworn not to play ‘God’ again on television, but it looks like destiny has more ‘divine’ plans in store for him. So, after his last show Neeli Chatri Waale wrapped up, the actor is back on TV as a deity once again!

Himanshu has been finalised to play the grown-up Lord Krishna in Siddharth Kumar Tewary’s Radha Krishna. Earlier, he had played Lord Vishnu in Ramayan, the title character in Buddha and a modern Lord Shiva — inspired by Akshay Kumar’s role in OMG! Oh My God — on the TV show, Neeli Chatri Waale.


“Yes, that’s what I had said after my last show wrapped up. However, what prompted me to take up this offer is the fact that Krishna will be seen in a different avatar on this show. So far, we have seen him smiling in all situations, but my Krishna is emotional, who cries as well. Also, the show has a younger Krishna and so, I will get a break from being seen in the same avatar all the time. Finally, as an artiste, you can't be out of sight for too long.”

While he may be playing God once again, it doesn’t mean that the actor doesn’t want to explore any other genre. He shares, “It’s not that I am only offered mythological shows. I get a lot of offers in the historical genre and I am quite inclined towards it, as it gives you a lot of scope to perform. As far as daily soaps are concerned, I want to take up male-centric shows, but sadly, most Indian soaps are women-oriented.”

Himanshu also wants to romance on the small screen now. He says, “I would really like to take up a romantic show on TV, nahin toh raha saha romance bhi khatam ho jayega meri life se. I am not at all romantic in real life and I hope to learn a thing or two on screen and apply those lessons in my real life.”

The actor admits that it took him time to come to terms with the fact that he is married. Himanshu, who has been married to the Buddha producer, Sheetal Singh, for two-and-ahalf years, says, “Since I married at a young age, it took me a lot of time to understand the relationship and its depth. It is a warm feeling; it gives you a sense of family and also responsibility.” Himanshu says that he has already warmed up to the idea of being a father in real life. Ask him whether he is planning to go the family way anytime soon and he replies, “Maybe next year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment