I am nothing without the opportunities and people around me: Amit Sadh





Amit Sadh, who plays the blue-blooded Raghubir in the recently released Gold, has been receiving positive reviews for his performance. Playing a self-obsessed royal on screen is no mean feat, but the actor took up the challenge and it has been rewarding. Amit shares, “The audience seems happy with my work. People are enjoying the film and feeling patriotic; they’re cheering, laughing and crying on occasions in the midst of the movie. They are responding to the story the way we had thought. That’s the greatest joy for any actor.”

Amit believes that as an actor, it’s not easy to please everyone, but one must keep trying. “As an artiste, I can’t please a billion people. If someone doesn’t like my performance, I’ll work harder and try to impact the mind of the audience in some manner,” he says. Talking about his inspiration, he adds, “I am a fan of Aamir Khan and the way he plays his characters. He makes them believable. It’s easy to play yourself, or do what worked last for you, but where’s the challenge? If I have been successful in playing Raghubir effectively, the credit goes to director Reema Kagti. She made sure that I never slipped out of character. I am nothing without the opportunities and the people around me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment