Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor

Shahid-Shraddha groove to the zany dance number Gold Tamba


Known for his fine dancing skills, Shahid Kapoor will be seen shaking a leg once again in his upcoming film Batti Gul Meter Chalu, directed by Shree Narayan Singh. The actor, along with co-star Shraddha Kapoor, will groove to the peppy track, Gold Tamba. The song, which releases today, has been composed by Anu Malik, written by Siddharth-Garima, sung by Nakash Aziz and choreographed by Ganesh Acharya.

Talking about the dance number, Shahid says, “It’s such a fun song by Anu Malik and I totally love the lyrics by Siddharth-Garima. The character I portray allowed me to have a blast and working with Ganesh master for the first time was just killer.”



Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor in the song Gold Tamba from Batti Gul Meter Chalu


Gold Tamba from Batti Gul Meter Chalu has a racy vibe

Choreographer Ganesh Acharya adds, “This is the first time that Shahid and I have worked together. He’s a good dancer, so it’s fun to choreograph him. I’ve tried to give him a different style of dancing, something he hasn’t attempted before. So, his fans will like that.”

Shraddha Kapoor shares, “It was a dream working with Masterji (Ganesh Acharya). This is my second song with him after Cham Cham (Baaghi, 2017). I’m a huge fan of his work and I had a blast working on this song with Shahid and the whole team. And of course, the music by Anu Malik is foot-tapping and everyone was grooving to the beats on set.”

Sharing his thoughts on Gold Tamba, Anu Malik says, “I have composed it keeping Shahid and his dance moves in mind. I wanted the song to be unique and hence, the first two lines came to my head — 'When you getting gold why go for tamba?’ I shared the song with Shahid and then Siddharth-Garima, who then came up with absolutely zany lines like, ‘When you getting Rambo why go for Samba?’. He adds, “This song has a racy vibe, which is bound to catch the fancy of every music lover.”


Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor in the song

No comments:

Post a Comment