Actor Aman Verma who has been juggling a rather successful TV career with films, was most recently seen play an all out negative character in Zee TV’s Choti Bahu. In an exclusive tete-a-tete, the actor talks about his journey so far...

‘I was never close to Ekta Kapoor!’

http://cdn.epaper.dnaindia.com/EpaperImages//mumbai//24022012//d140336.jpg

Actor Aman Verma who has been juggling a rather successful TV career with films, was most recently seen play an all out negative character in Zee TV’s Choti Bahu. In an exclusive tete-a-tete with After Hrs, the actor talks about his journey so far...

You have been playing a negative role in Choti Bahu. Does playing the baddie excite you as an actor?
I have been getting those kind of roles more often of late. Today every actor dies out in public memory soon after their show ends, so it is a scary situation. Considering that on Indian TV, more importance is given to women, than men, the only way I can perform is with negative characters. I like how the story can revolve around me, I change the way a show is going, so I feel good about it. When I am there, I stand out, so it keeps me happy.
Films, TV or theatre which do you enjoy doing the most?
I enjoy all of them. I like theatre when it comes to getting an instant response. With TV you are more like a daily newspaper, it fills you in everyday. When I need to be a part of eternity, it is films. I have been lucky to do few films and I’m looking to doing a lot more.

There’s buzz that some of your co-actors find you very intimidating...
It probably means I am growing old then and it’s not a happy thing (laughs). All you do is try and make an impact and go home. Actors don’t connect to the audience anymore, that is why shows come and go.

The industry is crowded with new comers and not every actor gets to bounce back like Ram Kapoor did in Bade Acche Lagte Hain...
When I worked with Ram, I always felt Ekta (Kapoor) and he were really close. The bond that they share is quite strong. And Ekta has an eye to pick up good actors and Bade Acche Lagte Hain, needed a big, fat, yet cute and cuddly above 40 looking man. It is the physicality of the character that is more important than the performance. But I give due credit to him, he is a fine actor and is doing a good job. Ekta has an eye for sensibility. No actor really works well outside her camp, that’s why I proved myself with different banners.

You were said to be very close to Ekta...
I was never close to Ekta Kapoor! I have just met her a couple of times.

If she offers you a meaty role will you take it?
Yes, of course. If Ekta gives you a role, you should quietly take it and do your job. She makes sure you get what you want and you must simply try and deliver your best in return.

Will you consider directing?
I do have something in my mind. May be this year or next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment