‘Women should speak up for themselves’ Bolly hottie Chitrangda Singh supports the initiative taken by DNA with I Can Women’s Half Marathon

‘Women should speak up for themselves’

Bolly hottie Chitrangda Singh supports the initiative taken by DNA with I Can Women’s Half Marathon

http://cdn.epaper.dnaindia.com/EpaperImages//mumbai//21022012//d137878.jpg

For actor Chitrangda Singh, who wholly supports the DNA I Can Women’s Half Marathon, causes such as educating the girl child or spreading awareness about cervical cancer or about safety of women in public are issues that need to be addressed all through the year. “I strongly support each one of the causes taken up by DNA,” says the actor. “My aunt had cervical cancer, so I know the trauma that’s involved. And to know that it can be avoided through regular check-ups and early diagnosis, only encourages me to go and speak out about it. You don’t need to have a mike, just spread the word,” she says.
Girl education too needs to be taken on seriously, feels Chitrangda. “It’s even more important for mothers to be educated, as they are the ones who shape the life of their child. She will naturally ensure that her own children, be it girl or a boy, are adequately educated too,” adds Chitrangda.
The actor is equally vocal when it comes to public safety for women. “I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve lost my cool when I see any woman’s space being violated. It won’t stop unless women speak up for themselves and the laws get stricter. It’s shameful for the society to let the miscreants get away with it. This issue should not be considered women’s alone, but that of every individual,” adds Chitrangda.

No comments:

Post a Comment