B-Town gets into the Gudi Padwa mood…

B-Town gets into the Gudi Padwa mood…

Riteish Deshmukh
It’s the New Year, and as always there’s a lot of excitement at home. This time, in fact, the celebrations are going to be all the more bigger, because of the recent weddings in the family, so we are all very excited.


Every year since childhood we have bought something on Gudi Padwa as it’s auspicious. Even today, I make it a point to buy something for myself and even do the rangoli. This year is going to be even more special as I have hardly been at home and can’t wait to see my family.


Mugdha Godse
Gudi Padwa is extremely special to me and I love the festivity. As it’s our New Year, I make my resolutions that day, put my best foot forward, look great and feast on food. We make sure the entire family is together that day and have a lot of fun. This year too, my entire family is going to get together, exchange gifts, have meals all day long and enjoy.

Amrita Rao
Being a Hindu, Gudi Padwa is our New Year and one more occasion to celebrate the new year. My grandmom tells me that her great grandmom used to give them a bowl of crispy fried neem leaves sprinkled with sugar to eat on this day. It served as a reason for good health as well. I celebrate this day by choosing it as a date to do some important things, for purchasing something, or keeping my meetings, as it’s auspicious.





Shreyas Talpade
I will be shooting today, but I do plan to catch up with my relatives and cousins later in the evening for sure. We put up the Gudi outside and my mom would make this Maharashtrian speciality of sweet rice and that’s still very much a part of our meals on the day. But more than for symbolic relevance, I think it’s a great excuse to catch up with each other.







No comments:

Post a Comment