‘I’m the common man’s representative’ ...says actor Shekhar Suman, who’s back on the small screen with a new season of his chat show

‘I’m the common man’s representative’

...says actor Shekhar Suman, who’s back on the small screen with a new season of his chat show

http://www.indiantelevision.com/images7/shekhar_suman.jpg

Actor Shekhar Suman is back on the small screen with what he calls was his ‘signature show’. Hosting the new season of the chat show Movers & Shakers, the actor says that this time around, ‘it’s a lot bigger and with a greater horsepower’.
Excited about his return, Suman feels that in the last 10 years, the audiences have changed, and so have the celebs. “Imagine, there are so many more celebs today than what there were 10 years ago,” he says. Keen to have many more celebs like Anna Hazare on his show, Suman adds, “I strongly feel that the show is a common man’s voice, and that I am the common man’s representative.”
He also points out that in comparison to his previous seasons, there’re more embellishments on his show this time around. “There are like a lot of gags, then elements like ‘Shekhar’s top 5’. Also we’ll have bigger celebrities, and maybe eventually have a set of live audience too. There is so much I have in mind and so much that I want to do. This one show is so close to my heart,” describes Suman.
The actor has dabbled in almost everything from TV soaps to films to radio shows, singing and even politics. “These are the perks of being an actor I feel. I have enjoyed my stint with TV, radio, gym... all of them. I want to leave no stone unturned,” says an enthusiastic Suman. So what lies next for this versatile actor? “Well, for now, the next big thing on my mind is direction. And I will be directing a movie. Heartless is going to be my first home production and I am superbly excited about it,” reveals Suman, who, for now, is brushing through the old episodes of the show and looking into them analytically to figure out the best for his ongoing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment